Need advice on mounting Hebo slave on XR4

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Mounting Hebo slave on XR4

Hey all. I just got the Hebo clutch kit and need advice/ suggestions on how/where to mount the slave cylinder on my XR400. Pictures are a plus. Also, does anyone make a lever with integrated decomp lever for the Hebo?

Thanks

Last edited:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
hey, those things are on those funny gas gas thingys

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Been thinking about adding one to my XR284 as well. The install on my KTM 360 was pretty easy, I just tried to keep everything as straight as possible and tucked in. I'd almost think mounting it under the tank between the top tube and the horizontal tube would be the cleanest route? It's a pretty low maintenance item so you shouldn't need to get at it very often.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Thanks Patman. That's one of 2 places I'm looking at mounting it. But I'm running the IMS 4 gal tank and I'm finding that I have to remember to take that into consideration, because where it may fit with the stock tank, it won't with the IMS. I currently am fashioning a bracket to mount it to the left side of the the front frame downtube using the left fuel tank mount point.

What a pain these braided lines are to twist into the right orientation. I may take the line down to a guy I know of locally that can make/repair hydraulic lines/hoses and have him shorten the one that comes with the kit and also reclock the ends so they don't have to be twisted into their final orientation. He did a great job on my streetbikes brakelines.

I guess since there's not any "how to" help out there for mounting this kit to the XR, that I've found anyway, I should document my install for others reference.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Ended up mounting it here. The thing works sweet. I bet it lowered lever pull of those 440 kit heavy duty clutch springs by 50% or more.

HeboXR4.jpg

HeboXR5.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Nice job! Do you have any pics of the cable/hose routing?

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Yeah. Here ya go. Because my header is wrapped I don't get alot of radiated heat off them so I didn't put spiral wrap on the cable, but I may still do it. Where it goes down between the header tubes I zip tied it to keep it away from the header.

HeboXR2.jpg

I routed the hydraulic line from the master cyl. to the front left side of the top triple clamp and thru it to the left side of the frame, just like the stock cable was routed, then put an S bend in it and zip tied it to the coil. That gave me the correct clocking I needed to connect it to the slave and also took up the excess cable slack.

HeboXR1.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That's GREAT!

Top Bottom