MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
The landscaping company I work for just pick up two brand new FS90 Stihl's and have I think its a FS110 with the mulitple heads. Befor this we had two older Stihl fs60's that also rocked and an older modle of the one on order with the multiple heads. Let me say, stihl is the only thing I would consider. The two FS60's we only replaced cuz they were several years old, not a thing wrong with them. Theese new FS90's are AMAZING. Tons of power, very easy to start, and verry little vibrations. I absolutly reccomend the FS90 for your home. Oh the FS90 is one of thoes new "4-mixs" or what ever they are calling it. The two stroke with valves and what not. It takes premix but it sounds like a mean 4 stroke. Fairly quiet tho.

Dizzed_Nimrod

Aug 9, 2006
I would go for a husqvarna. We have had that 2 stroke for about 15 years. I do think they are still manufactured in sweden.

Corn food oil is good for any 2 stroke and it will smell like pop corn :laugh:.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
I use an Echo right now.. Runs good, minor tune ups.. I always worked with husqvarna chain saws. They never gave me a problem and always had more than enough power...
But i would not never use my mx oil, in there.. I burned up 3 in less than a year, using my pre-mix for my bike. AmsOil and with anything from 93 to VP red... Even just a place to finish the yard always turned out very very bad :yikes: ....

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I've got a $100 Ryobi that I run 2 yr old gas in that's been lying around in my bike. It's like 5 yrs old now and still runs like a champ. Hell I've never even cleaned the air filter or replaced the plug. I'll start worrying when it won't start anymore. :laugh:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
MX-727 said:
What I really hate is how they've made carbs hard to adjust. Who ever heard of a small two stroke that didn't need a little and sometimes a lot of tweaking. Some have caps that allow slight adjustment, but that isn't always enough. If you take the caps off, you need a special tool. Does anyone know where to get that tool?

Thank the EPA for that one. A dealer may be able to get you service tools for them, but they aren't supposed to sell them to the public. A pair of pliers will usually get the cap off, although newer models will be coming with needles that are necked down so they will break off if someone tries to forcefully remove the limiting cap.

All the brands have their ups and downs. Stihl and Husqvarna make excellent units with very consistant quality.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
SEARS sucks... remember they are KMART now. Nothing but a 20 senior execs raiding the company at the expense of shareholders and ...ultimately customers.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I was able to get the needles out on my newest trimmer. I used a soft piece of aluminum tube and forced it down on the splines. Backed the screws out and used a dremel to cut slots for a screwdriver. Now the trimmer runs right. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom