jesse360rider

Jun 28, 2010
Well i took er for a ride early this morning, went a few miles with no problems then all the sudden i realized i couldnt shift down. So i tried a few different things, then i tried to shift up. It worked and and now i seem to be stuck in whatever gear that is. Pretty sure i'm gonna have to split the cases, but if anyone knows a way to avoid this major surgery or even some heads up on what i'm about to get myself into, that would be awesome, thanks.

jesse360rider

Jun 28, 2010
Now im not too familiar with husky's, but they have a similar design, is that what your saying?

jesse360rider

Jun 28, 2010
COLEMANAPP said:
Had similar problem on my husky.Shifter return spring was broken. No case splitting, just side cover removal.
Ya i took it apart and the shift return spring is in perfect shape. The problem is that the gear coming off the water pump chipped a tooth, then it ate the gear on the primary gear on the crank. This caused a pile of metal shavings to lock the bike in gear. Now im wondering, is there any way to get the cover off the left side without pulling the jug? I just want that crap out of there. I dont think there is because the seam runs right through the jug.

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
Pull the drain plug, drain the oil, and pour gas in it untill the shavings don't come out anymore. If you want to split cases, you have to disasemble most of it. Take the motor out, cylinder off, clutch off, ect. You get the idea. If you know what your doing, it's a day long job.

jesse360rider

Jun 28, 2010
Ya i know what the job takes, wouldnt be my first rodeo, but i never knew it was a good idea to pour gas into the crankcase, i was gonna use a magnet and put it in every oriface i could get it into, thanks for the advise

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
If you're on a two-stroke, your cases fill with fuel every revolution of the piston (even though it fills as a fine mist rather than a formed liquid). When flushing the bottom end of my bikes in the past, I've always used diesel. After getting the diesel to come out clean, I then run a quart of atf type f fluid through it, run it down the street, drain, then repeat about 4 times total, leaving it be on the 5th cycle.

Btw, I've had the same problem with not being able to downshift and after checking everything out, I later realized that I was a dolt and the fix was simply that my shifter was hitting the frame and wasn't traveling far enough to downshift. Just a simple adjustment ended up being what caused my day at the track to end... That was embarrassing, needless to say.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
good to know :cool: :cool: :cool:

Top Bottom