slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Need An 8.4 WP shock spring

Does anybody have a 8.4 spring for a WP rear shock they'd be willing to sell? I went to Lansing Cycle yesterday and they won't have any for a couple of weeks. I'd like to get one a bit sooner if possible. Thanks for the condensing of needed info XRPredator. Was a cup of coffee away from having my head pulled from my azz this morning and jabbed the wrong button.....

Last edited:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
How much do you weigh? If under 200 an 8.4 may be a bit stiff. I run an 8.4 but my bike weighs more and I think I do also. I have an 8.0 if you want to try it.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Denny, thanks for the reply! I only weigh about 190 W/O gear but my camelback, boots, helmet and fanny pack with tools puts me over 200 and I'm having a hard time getting the proper sag while maintaining the proper bike free sag. I put a little more preload on the 8.0 I am currently running to get the rider/bike sag closer to the mark but the free sag is a little less than recommended and the bike handles funny. The fella at the bike shop guessed I was in the 180 range and suggested the 8.0 also but my thick skull adds ten lbs. that isn't obvious. I definately appreciate the input/suggestions, thanks again for the reply. Have a good day....Nick

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey TC or slowone - I have an 8.4 - and would like to try a 8.0...maybe we can work something out? I went to the 8.4 when i was around 215 to 220 lbs (yikes!)...I am now around 190 to 195 and am thinking the 8.4 is a tad heavy for me (250 2t)

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Might be a possibility KTMMike. I am 190 and I can get the sag correct without gear but as soon as all of my chit is on it's a bit much. I know that a certain percentage of variance in spring rate is allowed, especially for production springs, and I'm guessing mine is on the lighter end of the allowed variable.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Top Bottom