B

biglou

I've been noticing a lot of repeated questions lately, both here and in the other forums. A quick search will usually get the answers you are looking for immediately instead of waiting for a reply to your question. Click "Search" in the toolbar above and to the right. Then, click "Advanced Search" and it will take you to a search page where you will see a place to search by keyword, member name, etc. You can search the entire site, or narrow it down to an individual forum. All members, even registered members, can use the search function. (Additionally, the FAQ's link in the toolbar will answer most of the more common questions about using the forums. There is also a complete forum set up for questions/suggestions on using the forums.)

Examples of topics that have been covered many times over: The decline of 2-stroke manufacturing, race gas, premix brand/ratio, gear oil, tire suggestions, carb issues (jetting, float sticking/adjustment, etc.), spooge, what pipe to get, best performance mods, stuck bolts/stripped threads/stripped bolt heads, and many more. Most searches on these topics will reveal pages of threads full of relative info. You might just find your answer in there, and learn some new things as well. :thumb:

Another tip-Once you find a thread through searching, replying to that thread will bring it back to the top of the forum it is in. This should renew the discussion of the topic.

Please be aware-We definitely don't mind people asking questions. It's what we're all here for. However, it is sometimes difficult to reply to all the threads accurately and with the needed amount of detail time and time again. Especially if a topic has been covered in-depth, sometimes numerous times, already.

This is just an effort to try to optimize the use of the information that has already been put in place on the site.

Thanks for reading!

Any comments, questions, suggestions welcomed. Post them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Guess no one wants to say thanks for reminding us how to use this site to our advantage. Well thanks from all, good info to know and use. It sure has helped a noob rider like myself get some quick and needed answers. Keep up the good work all.......Lee

B

biglou

Thanks for the input! There was a new "catagory" option implemented just the other day. It allows you to preface the title of your new thread with a heading, which helps narrow the topic down. I believe these are active when searching. However, all the old threads do not have these, so you still have to enter your search criteria.

A lot of searches will turn up pages of threads. A lot of times the keywords for the search are used extensively, all over the place. A quick scan of the search results thread titles will usually get you some relative info very quickly.

fredsanford

Aug 1, 2004
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:
Tanks, tanks alot. Helps because my eyes cross when i stare, waiting for an answer, waiting, waiting, zzzzzzzzz.

BBdotcom

Sep 26, 2004
Thanks Biglou! :cool:

BTW were those pictures of you on the bike doing the back flip in the gallery the other day?
if it was WOW!
too Cool :cool:
Tom

Lexxus

Oct 4, 2005
I have a '78 DT125 with a '75 DT175 Engine in it, it only ran for 3 months, then the piston went in it,What i would like to know is Should i get a OEM yamaha piston, or Wiesco piston, and should i over size the rings in it, And if you might ask if tha bore and head are damaged, they are fine,

Lexxus

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Uhhh.. Do people not read? Do you expect an answer before you ask the question? Crazy microwave internet world we live in.

Top Bottom