Need Another Kickstart Lever!!!!!!!

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I'VE HAD MY KDX220 FOR 6 MONTHS NOW AND AM ABOUT TO BUY MY THIRD KICKSTART LEVER!!THE STOCK ONE BENT AFTER A RIDE ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.THEN I ORDERED A FREDETTE LEVER AND A NEW STOCK LEVER BOSS FROM KAWASAKI($100.00 TOTAL).HAVE ONLY PUT ABOUT 30 MILES ON THE BIKE SINCE THE FREDETTE LEVER WAS INSTALLED.I WENT OUT TONIGHT TO RIDE IN THE WOODS BEHIND MY HOUSE AND THE FREDETTE LEVER GAVE WAY, WHERE THE LEVER PRESSES AGAINST THE KICKSTART BOSS.LIKE THE ALUMINUM PEELED AWAY.IS THEIR A STRONGER LEVER OUT THERE?I THINK I NEED A STEEL ONE.I HAD A SUZUKI DR350 FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM!

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Call Fredette and explain the problem. Maybe there's a manufacturing defect. Be nice. Putting him on the defensive won't help. I've been using the Fredette lever since May and it's working fine.

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I HAVE CALLED FREDETTE AND LEFT A MESSAGE.I DIDN'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE I WAS BASHING HIM OR HIS PRODUCT.I WAS JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN MY BAD LUCK WITH THE KICKSTARTERS AND TO SEE IF I HAD AN ALTERNATIVE.FOR NOW,I HAVE WELDED A NUB ON THE OLD LEVER AND BOSS UNTIL I HEAR FROM FREDETTE.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Jeff is not real good about returning calls, so keep trying. You can almost never get him on a Monday or Friday, but Tues/Wed/Thurs are good and if you call mid morning to mid afternoon he usually answers. Also, Jeff is effectively a Kawi dealer and can get you pretty much any OEM part. I bought both the lever and the boss from him.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Bigfoot16,

Might wanna lay off the CAPSLOCK key there a little.
all caps = yellin
:scream:

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
FRP KS lever's on back order :<¥¥

BEEN there, the boy's 200 has the floopy KS problem, FRP are out of inventory, and what he say's might be a while be for he has some©

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I got a call from FRP today(not Jeff).They said to send the lever back and they would replace it.I think I will go back to the stock lever for now.

88RM250-sorry about the caps lock thing.It's kinda like riding.I like to stay in one gear!!

Top Bottom