need fast help! not about dirtbikes......

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
I just got back from my first day of squirrel season (yes, started sep.6), and long story short, I got a squirrel. When I was skinning it, I accidently got a little slice on my finger from my knife. When I got back to my house, (which was about 10-15 minutes later), and I had a bunch of blood and stuff on my hands from the squirrel, and cleaned my hands and the cut thourghly. I put peroxide, first aid cream, and a band aid on it. Is this enough? Please help me, I really don't want to get a nasty infection.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
just watch for inflamation around the wound. If you notice any swelling your best bet would be to get to the walk in to get checked, and maybe to get some antibiotics.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
IODINE !!
slather it in iodine, betadine is good too. Just slather her up and you'll be fine ;)

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
OK, I know this is a general and off-topic forum, but asking about a possible infection from wildlife on a dirt bike forum is, well, probably not the best idea you've ever had. If you have a family doctor, call their office and ask them. If not, call your county health department and ask them.
Having said that, you're not the first person this has happened to, so clean it well and worry a couple of weeks.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I was going to suggest making a circle around the cut with an ink pen, so you don't forget where it is.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
They don't give them in the stomach anymore.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
rossim22 said:
Good thing it's ok... receiving 18 rabies shots in the stomach is not very fun.

I'm not so worried about rabies. The squirrel was acting normal, jumping along on a limb. Plus, if a squirrel gets attacked by a fox,(a big rabies carrier), it's not usually going to get away. Also I never saw bite marks. Tonight it looks okay, not swollen. It still hasn't scabbed over yet though. The cut is not that deep, maybe about a half of a milimeter deep. Maybe a milimeter deep.

EDIT- I think you can't contract rabies through the animal's blood, or other bodily fluids besides saliva.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Squirrel and eggs? By the way, that is really a rat with a fuzzy tail.

a tree rat that tastes good! :laugh: . Just can't wait until deer and turkey season ;)

Top Bottom