Need help!! 2001 yz125 cylinder/jug stuck on crank case

Kenny.R

Sep 18, 2019
Hey, i was taking off my jug on my 2001 yz125, its all going good and i got the jug free and was lifting it off, but came to realize that the dowel pin got stuck in the bottom of the jug, making it too long to take off because if I try to pull the jug further off to remove it, it hits the frame. Basically, the studs are too long to clear the dowel pin before the powervalve cover hits the frame I can include pictures if people are willing to help me solve my issue thanks

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Hey, i was taking off my jug on my 2001 yz125, its all going good and i got the jug free and was lifting it off, but came to realize that the dowel pin got stuck in the bottom of the jug, making it too long to take off because if I try to pull the jug further off to remove it, it hits the frame. Basically, the studs are too long to clear the dowel pin before the powervalve cover hits the frame I can include pictures if people are willing to help me solve my issue thanks
Spray some Pb blaster on all dowel pins and remove them. Is your cylinder head off the jug? If it isnt then remove it. Is your fuel tank off? The more goodies you remove, the easier it becomes. Have a buddy hold the jug and you take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the dowels out, and you should be good to go! 125051715.jpg

Kenny.R

Sep 18, 2019
Yea, i had everyone off in the surrounding area, found a way another guy told me, remove the engine mount and let it pivot on the swing arm mount and lift the front of the engine

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Yea, i had everyone off in the surrounding area, found a way another guy told me, remove the engine mount and let it pivot on the swing arm mount and lift the front of the engine
Awesome, awesome! I owned a 1984 yz-125, and a really fun 1986, I also had a 76 yz-100 which was bad to the bone! And of course a really 1983 yz-100k right out of the crate. Fun bike also. I rode a 84 It-490 and it was one wild machine, with an odd powerband, it probably because I mostly ride or have ridden MX bikes. Keep us updated on your Yz's progress.
037-244x150.jpg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom