Need Help also . 2 fast and Furious RM250

kcsteck

Feb 18, 2004
I recently bought a 02 RM250 from local racer (over the hill gang) guy weighed probably 250 and had all work done like porting & polishing, head mod etc from Bills racing,has bills pipe,Vforce,etc I am B class MX rider came off YZ250F big bore to 280 which was great but wanted more power so came back to the 2 stroke. Was only gone from 2 strokes for 2 years. This bike is to friggin fast..It dont even know I am sitting on it and I weigh 205. I go off jumps 50ft table or so and when I land and any bump makes me give it gas. I mean a little gas and it wheelies like crazy. woops forget about it!!! This thing is gonna kill me. Trails and hillclimbs no problem. I cant ride it on the track which I like the most? Thinking about flywheel weight but what size should I get?and is that what I need?how do you put flywheel weight on ? bolt on or ?
suggestions? saw someone say about spring on power valve to lessen spring presure? or is it tighten spring pressure?

Help!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I know some have placed a flywheel weight on to help with stalling, they are pretty easy but not sure about the weight. That will just keep your momentum and slow your quick acceleration. You can tighten, turn your powervalve adjustment screw to the right, which will delay the opening of it and reduce the early "hit". Don't turn it too much, try small incriments to test. Some have changed the rear sprocket to a lesser tooth too. Good luck

sigar

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2000
I think your best bet is a flywheel weight that way as your riding improves you can reduce the weight. You're already a B rider, so it's probably more so than your skill a matter of relearning the precise throttle control needed on a 2 stroke vs. your YZF250. I had a CR250 ported by E. Gorr, with a procircuit pipe and silencer and v-force reeds. After the porting I needed to tune it down, I tossed on a 12oz. flywheel weight and it was perfect. I can't tell you how much weight you need, you'll have to experiment.

kcsteck

Feb 18, 2004
thanks for the info guys. Yes tried the sprocket. had 51 on it originally went back to stock 49 no diff or little still to fast! I dont want to go less then stock. Will defintly give the weight a try they have at Stealthy 7,9,11,13 I think I will go with the 9 or 11 cause I like the power just want to tame it a little. it sucks trying to race having to sit on tank and in 5th gear pulls straight up if I get traction.Im used to two strokes as I have a stock ported 01RM250 with pro cuicuit pipe,Vforce,etc and fully ported and polished,big bore 277 LT250R suzuki 2 stroke Quad that I also race flat track. This new bike is just frigin crazy!!! I am faster on the 01 as I can handle bike to most of its potential the 02 is riding me and I am hanging on for dear life.LOL
thanks all for your help.
Casey

Top Bottom