Need Help Deciding on a Bike for me

BadKarma

Dec 10, 2006
1) I'm 5'9 and weigh 180#
2) I'm pretty physical (my daily job requires that of me) and do not mind tough physical work at all
3) I'll mostly be riding with friends in the woods, but would really like to get out onto some MX tracks as well
4) I've had a chance to ride my cousins old XR80 when I was a kid and most recently my buddies CRF230
5) Do you think you will race ? I would certainly like to race once my riding skill level goes up
6) I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have several friends who can lend a helping hand on new tasks
7) I don't have a brand preference, though Hondas seem a bit pricier than the other bikes. I'd really prefer to go with a two stroke, but I'm not going to block out the idea of a 4 either
8) There are quite a few local dealers in the area of pretty much all of the major brands
9) I'd like to spend roughly $1,500-$2,500
10) I'm a speed/adrenaline junkie (I bought an 02 Camaro Z28, and after 1 trip to the track wanted a lot more power :nod: ) and tend to pickup on things pretty quickly.

paintedyellow

Dec 5, 2006
I own both 2 stroke and four strokes and as a easy to learn and easy to ride bike the four stroke is the easier
Personally i would buy a yamaha as they are reasonably priced and very well main reliable bikes some may beg to differ
I own a ttr230 as well and would only recommend it for a beginner to learn on or race, if your planning on racing check to see what classes are raced near you you may find there is no class for the 230 or the like

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
If i were you i would pick up a 2-stroke. They are fast and can satisfy your need for speed.

Probably a YZ125 would work. You can find them used for around $1,800.

A 4-stroke would probably fill the bill for the woods and riding with friends and even on the mx track(like a CRF250(x), WR250F etc..) but they will cost you a good bit more $$. And more money to maintain to.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom