boardadikt

May 20, 2003
Hey guys, I thought I knew what I wanted (SX450) but now am back to the drawing board because I think used might be a better option for me.

I'm not trying to find the best bike for me, but what your opinion is on the best value (i'm 24yrs old, 6'2", 205lbs and ride lots of supercross and motocross).

So here's the question--how are the 02 CRF450's. How have they been holding up since that was the first year of production for that model? I have the opportunity to get a used one for about $3500 from a nearby dealership (parts managers demo bike). Will this bike be a good bike (its in good condition and has about 40hrs on it) or should I just go for the new 04 model and be broke for a while (I like new because then I know what I have done to it and keep it looking good and maintained)? I won't be racing much next year, I just really want to get on a 450, especially after I rode a friends 450. I want to get rid of my yz250 and pick up a 450. They also have a 01 yz426F for $3000, and a 03yz450F with suspension work and stiffer spring, renthal clamp/bars, sprocket/chain for $4500.

I can't make up my mind so if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate that. I'm thinking half the price of an 04 for the 02 will let me have the 450 without emptying out my wallet too heavily?

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
I can't really answer your question, but I can tell you what I see from where I'm from...when it comes to racing four strokes, there's alot more blue out there than red. Maybe this is just a fad for my area, but the yamahas seem to hold up pretty good for these guys. If I was going to get a four stroke, it would be blue...and I'm partial to Hondas. I think (don't quote me) the blue ones have had less problems.

Top Bottom