mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
need help FAST with a new bike

i need to no this very fast as i can go and get a very cheap yz250f and a very cheap yz125 but there is some one going to look at them as we speak but the seller said that he would wait for me to make up my mind on the bikes before he sold them to any 1

im 13 and 175cm tall about 50kg i live in austraila i have a yz 85 big wheel and i want to start to race but i dont no if i should start on the 85 and then move up or get a new bike and then start i was thinking of getting a yz125 or yz250f but i dont no if i should get a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. i have been on 2 strokes since i was 5 and have never ridin a big 4 stroke only a pit bike so any help would be great o and i want to stay on a yamaha so dont say get a kx,rm.cr or anything like that

NOT MEANING TO BE RUDE BUT I NEED HELP LIKE RIGHT NOW THANKS

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You could probly ride a full size bike ok. "Very cheap" usually ends very expensive.

J-man

May 16, 2007
"very cheap" is not so cheap at all. i bought my 250F for very cheap and $900 later im finally able to ride it like a real bike........

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
He wants to hear: Go buy the time bomb 250f, you will instantly be faster! Upkeep, buying used, and coming off an 85,,,,, Go 2 stroke!!!!! How tall is 175cm??? 13? You really do not need to race a 125 till you are 15. If you are tall enough now, go ahead and start riding it, not racing, yet! Can you finish top 5 out of 40 riders in your age class on the 85? A year or 2 on the 125, maybe mod it up to a 144, or go to the 4 stroke(if they are still around?)

mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
He wants to hear: Go buy the time bomb 250f, you will instantly be faster! Upkeep, buying used, and coming off an 85,,,,, Go 2 stroke!!!!! How tall is 175cm??? 13? You really do not need to race a 125 till you are 15. If you are tall enough now, go ahead and start riding it, not racing, yet! Can you finish top 5 out of 40 riders in your age class on the 85? A year or 2 on the 125, maybe mod it up to a 144, or go to the 4 stroke(if they are still around?)

so i should do one sesson on the 85 next year and see how i go and move up if im doing well on the 85???

mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
see thats the prob im tall for my age so its back to the start do i race the 85??? or move up ??? if i move up do i go to a 4 stroke ??? if i get a 125 i will have to race with the 250f's so i dont no what to do and and im 13 like in normal years whats metric years?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Metric years, I asked first? An FIM racer? They still have the 4 stroke handi-cap rule in effect, tht sucks! Yes, you would be better off on the 250f. Buying used, I would tear it down and check the top and bottom ends! But, I still believe a 144 is competitive.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
jackflack44 said:
Where did you get that he's an FIM racer?
he's obviously not in the US or Canada, so he's probably not in the AMA or CMA, thus, he could very well be an FIM racer.

I'm not sure what they belong to or how their rules stack up down in the land of Oz

mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
come on guys i have people telling me to start on the 85

i have peole telling me to move up

i have peole telling me to get a 2 stroke

i have peole telling me to get a 4 stroke

what do i do????????? what would be best for me in the long run?????

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Why do you have to race against a 250f if you get a 125? Local ama that sanctions 98 percent of the races around here, undone the worst ruling in motorsports, the 4 stroke handi-cap. The fim still goes by it though, Europe and Canada. 125 races against ? But the 250f guys race against 250 2 strokes. Paybacks. Who sanctions your races? Makes the rules? The 4 stroke will be easier for most to ride faster. The 125 can make you a better racer. Its better in the corners, and in the air. If your club allows you to mod the 2 strokes to 144's, good bye 4 stroke advantage. The 2 stroke will be cheaper to maintain. What country do you live in, New Zealand? Sure thought the fim had you also.

mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
i live in austraila and down here the 125 race the 250f's most of the time so i would be racing the 250f's on a 125 and i dont no if i will go to well

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
mx_rider_6 said:
i have a yz 85 big wheel and i want to start to race

Until you become a lot more experienced the bike isn't going to make a bit of difference. Whatever you ride will be slow because you are learning, and learning to be fast takes time. So learn to ride the wheels off the bike you have, THEN start worrying about the "best" bike.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It is odd telling a 13 year old to go for a 125. BUT, you are too tall for an 85! I am 1 inch shorter than you. I can ride the piss out of an 85, till it comes to jumping and some corners, not enough room! You want to race? Your size would make racing an 85 dangerous for you. You need a bigger bike, yes! Who sanctions your races? I thought the fim was down there also? Australia's flag is very similar to New Zealand's! In your information, it shows your flag, then it says you do not know where you live? And if, and when you get older, you will start getting shorter, too many years of gravity? Are you any good at basketball?

mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
It is odd telling a 13 year old to go for a 125. BUT, you are too tall for an 85! I am 1 inch shorter than you. I can ride the piss out of an 85, till it comes to jumping and some corners, not enough room! You want to race? Your size would make racing an 85 dangerous for you. You need a bigger bike, yes! Who sanctions your races? I thought the fim was down there also? Australia's flag is very similar to New Zealand's! In your information, it shows your flag, then it says you do not know where you live? And if, and when you get older, you will start getting shorter, too many years of gravity? Are you any good at basketball?

?????????? what would the best bike be for me???? yz125 or yz250f whats the fim( as u can see i dont no much about racing)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
don't worry about what the FIM is.

Buy a 125. You are obviously not ready for a 250F.

Top Bottom