teton

Dec 13, 2000
Hello, I posted this in the KDX forum as well, Im looking for some info regarding making a street legal KDX 200 in Maine. the bike is a 96 and there should be no problem getting the right parts to do this, just wondering if anyone has done this? Actually, any info making any other bike or 2 stroke will help. Im sure that this has been done many times, perhaps in NH, any tips?
Thanks

Bob

exc rider

Jan 15, 2002
a buddy of mine just made his 426f street legal by getting it registerd in vermont somehow.he found an application of some sort on the web.i'll get the website for ya if ya want.

Mar 31, 2000
Not sure about other New England states, but here in Ma. the biggest problem with getting a dirtbike on the road is the certificate of origin. that would be used for the title for registration. most certificate of origins state the vehicle is intended for off road use only..
getting that altered can be done and convincing the registry of motor vehicles that having that done is legal can be the problem.

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
The Vermont tag will not help you get a Maine tag if the bike was ever Registered in Maine. If you have a certificate of origin it will work.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Look at this months issue of Dirt Bike. They have a state-by-state breakdown of the various requirements

Top Bottom