Need help getting old bushing out fast!!

KaTMandoo

May 16, 2001
I have a 99 300 MXC. I am replacing my shock to swingarm mount bushing package thing. I can't get the old ones out. i took out the bolt and tied the shock up so its outta my way, and I can't for the life of me get the old bushing out. I have tried prying it with a screwdriver, and hammering it out with a big metal fitting and a hammer. Any ideas on how to get this old bushing out?? I really need to get it done today and im out of ideas...

KaTMandoo

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
try warming up the swingarm with a heat gun or even boiling water then just hit it hard with a good hammer-ive seen the whole job done in 10minutes-it just takes a little harder hammering than you expect-i dont normally reccomend whacking things with big hammers but in this case it helps.:eek:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
23mm socket. At least I think it is the 23. Place in on the outside of the Heim bearing and pound out with a hammer. Piece a Cake.:D

KaTMandoo

May 16, 2001
thx to your guys help I was able to get it out! Especially 380excman who basically walked me through it. Thx guys. BTW marcus I poured cold water over the swingarm instead of hot, the cold makes the inside of the ring contract and i also froze the new bearing and that helped alot.

KaTMandoo

Top Bottom