Need help or suggestions: rear sprocket related

g_man80

Nov 30, 2004
I have a 2000 cr250 and recently bought an Answer rear sprocket for it. Unfortunately the seller assumed it was for CR's along with XR's and other models just because the bolt pattern was the same.

The specific sprocket I recieved was designed for an XR although the pattern is the same. The difference lies in the recess for the bolts. The CR has a conical recess whereas the XR is a strait cylindrical recess. Similar to the old fourtrax sprockets I believe.

I'm looking for suggestions as far as locating bolts to use. Is it possible to source some from a local hardware store and if so, what should I look for? Should I try to order the XR sprocket bolts and see if they will work with the CR hub? I did stop by the local Honda dealer and he didn't have any in stock, but could order them if I wanted.

Thanks for any help,
G

Crash 142

May 30, 2002
In my opionion, don't use that sprocket. If the bolts don't work you could find out by a trip over the bars, or a destroyed rear hub and wheel.

Buy the right sprocket. I just got a few for my bike on Rocky Mountian, aluminum Tritax on sale for $20.00 each. I don't know how durable they'll be, but they would be a better bet for you than trying to make soemthing work that isn't designed to work, especially someting under that much of a torque load.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Crash,

The Titax sprockets are excellent. :)

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
That's interesting! They seem to be a very high quality product though from what I can tell. I think that they are the same 7075 or 7076 aluminum that the other top sprockets are machined out of.

Top Bottom