tdb94

Sep 19, 2007
I have a question in regard to an oil issue for the jr 50: its been a while 4 me with dirtbikes so bear with me; got a jr 50 for my kid, free. needed only minor cosmetic parts, nothing with the engine. Anyway, realized it had oil injection under the plastic and filled it up with 2 stroke. Ran ok, still need to change plug and clean air filter but it ran ok, just stalled ocassionally. Anyway, also got a kx 65 for older daughter same time, I knew that the oil ratio was 32:1 and had to be put in the gas tank, it runs fine. My problem is that when I was doing the kx for some reason I got it in my head to throw some oil in the jr 50 tank as I had done in the kx. Now the 50 sounds like **** and its sputtering and will barely idle and dies out when you rev it up. Did I "F" it up by adding tooooooooo much oil to the 50?????? Please help. Can I just drain out the fuel and change the plug, will that help or could it be something else. I feel really stupid and want to correct this for my sons bike, ANy advice will be appreciated. Thx-Tim

meulemansp

Nov 2, 2007
hey yah I would say that you deffinately messed it up by puting gas oil mix in a bike mad to mix the gas oil itself. It sounds like your on the right track, but if that doesnt fix it, I would try and see if the fuel mixer is either clogged, or if the jets are messed up with the oil gas mix.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
tdb94...Drain the gas tank, refill with fresh fuel. Drain the carb, replace the plug, and go ride it. :nod:

You didn't hurt anything.

Didn't I see this posted somewhere else? :whoa:

Rotor

tdb94

Sep 19, 2007
yeah you did, I had originally put it in another post. Thanks for your help. What did that guy mean by fuel mixer being clogged???????????

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
tdb94 said:
yeah you did, I had originally put it in another post. Thanks for your help. What did that guy mean by fuel mixer being clogged???????????

I honestly have no idea! :coocoo: :whoa: :)

I thought mixers were for margaritas. :rotfl:

Rotor

Top Bottom