Emph

Feb 21, 2006
I bought a 01 KX 250 two years ago, it ran like new when I got it, but lately, within the past year it started fouling plugs everytime i rode, id let it warm up and it would run fine, but the next time id start it up the plug would foul, then out would come a new plug and the same thing hapens, I have taken it to get worked on and the guy said i might need to rejet, right now im mixing it 32-1, the guy told me to try 40-1 I went out and gave it all it had to third gear and shut it down to check the plug, it was white and i know thats not good. So what im thinking is that i need to rejet cause the plug is fine at 40-1 but it is white, I just need help on the jetting, i don't now if white is to lean or to rich, and if i knew that i don't know if i should put a larger jet in or a smaller. If you can help that would be great, its getting warmer so i need to get this done to ride a soon as I can. Thanks

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Move the clip on the needle up one position,Give it a try and if that does not work, get a JD jetting kit,It should cure your rich condition!! I installed this jet kit in my 02 and it made a big diffrence. Most 99-02kx's are jetted a little rich from the factory,and could use a leaner pilot jet(45)is what I'm running,Stick to the 32:1 ratio,Use the highest octane that you can get(93-114) and a good synthetic oil(bel-ray,maxamia,motol,amsoil).

Top Bottom