SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Husky Part# 161 51 33 02

Flywheel puller for a '96 610.
Oddball thread not available aftermarket.
My dealer has it on backorder.
Any one know who stocks these?
Thanks in advance, Bill.

B

biglou

Bill-I called my local shop (a husky dealer) and she said they don't stock one, but that according to what she has, it crosses to a Honda CR500.
Might be worth a shot. $19.95 list.
Hope this helps.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
It isn't the same.
Just checked.
It is a cagiva flywheel and is dissimiliar to any stock or old style husky flywheel.
I believe it is 28x1.5.
Thanks again.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
After calling about it turns out that Piaggio bought Husky and husky parts are a bit iffy.
Back orders are a "who knows?"
Found a puller in stock at Moore and Sons in SantaCruz.
Thanks again.

Bill

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
SFO, I had the same problem. My bro-in-law has a '96 Husky 125. Nothing crossed, and it was a backorder item. I don't know if it is the same part number. Anyway, I ended up making one. I took the nut off and measured the thread size and pitch. Then I bought a bolt of the same size, with the same thread and pitch (bolt was $10, ouch), I took the bolt to our lathe and bored a hole down the middle of it (after chopping off the bolt head). Then I took a common fine thread metric grade 8 equivalent bolt, tapped some threads into my new custom bolt, machined the sides down to fit a wrench, and made a pointy end on the fine thread bolt to fit the crank end. It sounds complicated, but it's really simple to build. I don't remember the dimensions, but I can get them for you if you want. I can even take a picture of it if you'd like.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by SFO
Found a puller in stock at Moore and Sons in SantaCruz.Bill

Figures ;)

It is amazing the stuff John stocks in that little place.
He had the coil in stock for my sons ATK 50. Coulda knocked me over with a feather.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Yea, I said I had a part# and she was very nice.
Said she had a lot of parts, give me a second.
Yup, we got it.
I didn't want to make one, ala roostafish, but since Denise does the books for munroe I get everyones weirdo parts requests.
When my friend Dale wants something I get it.
Good to know about the husky parts before buying one.
I think I'll wait til piaggio gets it straitened out.

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
Glad you got a part!
I've been jonesing for one of those new 250 thumpers, but may wait to see how Husky does. Maybe I'll do a New KTM 250 RFS.

Top Bottom