Need info on track near FondDuLac WI

hp500efi

Aug 12, 2000
I am told that there is a new track near FondDuLac WI (across from Mercury Marine Factory).

Anyone know anything about this place? Is it more of a practice track, can kids ride etc.

Thanks

Yzed-250F

Nov 10, 2000
Fondulac OHV Park

Yes there is a very nice practice track there. The track is about 1.5 miles long with a seperate pee wee & atv track. I haven't been there this year since I have a membership at Valley (just south of Fondulac). Last year it was fairly well maintained and I know they have made it even better this year. Quads are allowed. The track makes good use of natural elevation changes and it does not have any "do or die" jumps on it. Membership is $25 per year (which I think is a good deal).

To get there take the Hickory street exit and head west. Take a left at the first stop sign. Follow that road over the RR tracks, it will curve to the right. Take the first left. The paved driveway to the track will be on the next left. I don't know any roads, sorry if thats confusing. Keep in mind you can see the track from the highway.

hp500efi

Aug 12, 2000
Thanks, I will make sure I check it out and then I will pack up the trailer and kids and RIDE.

I have three boys (10 and under) who all have bikes and I am looking for a place like this.

I have also been told about Valley but I am a little afraid of them riding the track with the big boys. I would hate to see my one boy on his KX65 get hit by a flying high 250 :(

Thanks again

hp500efi

Aug 12, 2000
Yzed-250F

Thanks again !!

I took the family up there over the weekend and joined up !!

Nice track for both me (37) and my kids. Met the man that runs the place and he has some major changes for 02. He is extending the peewee track and improving the main track. Adding drainage to the main track to eliminate some of the excess water etc.

The place really caters to guys that want to practice and for the little begineers and that is what I was looking for.

Thanks again for the info.

Yzed-250F

Nov 10, 2000
I'm glad to hear you and the entire family had a great time. That's what it's all about anyway. I'll be sure to get a membersip down there next year since Valley will not have memberships.

If you're interested, there will be one of the last two Friday night races this Friday at Valley. It is very spectator friendly and a great opportunity to entertain the kids.

Later, Yzed-250F (Yamaha #88 in Sportsmans/125C)

hp500efi

Aug 12, 2000
Do you have any info on that place? I would be interested in taking the kids up there this Friday. Do you have directions from 45 North? I know where the place is but am not sure how to get into the place.

Is there a fee for spectators? do I need to bring lawn chairs or is it standing only. Someone at FondDuLac said that the Valley track was about the size of the FondDuLac track.

BTW, on our way home Sunday (Listening to the Packers :) ), I noticed very few people at Valley. Do they allow new members? and can they ride there at any time besides races?

Jeff

98 KX250 (Me)
01 TTR-125L (Son #1)
01 KX65 (Son#2)
00 KX80 (Son #3)

91 250X 4 wheeler (wife)
89 250R 4 wheeler (me)

Yzed-250F

Nov 10, 2000
Friday night at valley

They do not have any more memberships this year, and next year they will only have open practice once a month or so. Racing starts at 6:45 and lasts till about 10. Yes, bring lawn chairs. I believe spectator fee is $5/adult $3/kids. Stop by and say hi if you make it. I have directions from 41 north to Valley they are as follows:

Directions to Valley Motosports

41 south to FonDuLac. 175 south out of FonDuLac. Stay on 175 south for about 5-8 miles. 175 runs parallel with 41. You'll go through a very small town called Byron. Shortly after (1 mile or so), turn left (east) on highway Y. Take Y over 41 and take an immediate left onto the frontage road. The frontage road will run north parallel with 41. The entrance is 1/2 mile up the road, on the right.

If you miss the 175 exit in Fondulac take the next exit off 41 ("B"). There will probably be an admission fee of $5 and everybody needs to sign a liabilty waver. Park anywhere...within reason. They do have a concession stand.

Ride safe!

Top Bottom