need new handle bars HELP!!!!!!

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
well the stock handle bars suck on my new 2002 kdx 200 thay bend so easy i need help on getting a new bar i wanted to know what everybody had on theres there are so many choises and them being so expensive i wanted some good advice and it seems all my questions on here ger ansered good well here we go again thanks..

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
For a strong 7/8 bar the TAG X5 is pretty good, they are 1 MM thicker that the similar Renthal bar. I like mine.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A couple of things.
1. Tweaked mounts are often mistaken for bent bars. Remove the nuts from the bottom of the mount studs and reseat the urethane bushings.

The need to do that is greatly reduced if you use a one piece top bar clamp.

Fat bars get to be pretty spendy cuz you need the mounts to match.

I've bent more than a few pair of bars. Since I put on my one piece top clamp (I'd tell you where mine came from, but he's not making them anymore last I heard. Fredette carries them, I believe) and a set of renthals it's worked just fine.

Oh...NOT because I haven't dumped it, either!! ;)

***edit***
Forgot something VERY important. I have a demarini cross bar pad cover. THAT helps, don't it? Black demarini's are sexy (well...if that was even possible ;) )

Last edited:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
CR Hi Bends seem to be the bend of choice around here. Brand is another thing. I am using Renthal 7/8" and have new rubber mounts (SCOTT) to install.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Fast 200, I looped out pretty good one day and thought I had bent my bars and being that I have more dollars than sense I bought the Renthal Riders Bars (love 'em BTW), but only after my brother checked out my bike did I realize that the mounts had been tweeked. Canyncarvr is correct, check the mounts, in addition, invest in a single piece top, it's good insurance. FRP makes one at a good price and I belive that rocky mountain (www.rockymountainmc.com) sells them too. Good luck!

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by Fred T
For a strong 7/8 bar the TAG X5 is pretty good, they are 1 MM thicker that the similar Renthal bar. I like mine.

As Fred T. said the Tag X5 is a great bar. I have them on 2 kdx's and have not bent the bars since. I have the cr hi bend. I am now considering the one piece top clamp.

Fred - is your top clamp from FRP?
Lew

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
TAG X5, CR Hi bend. Good control, fairly aggressive bend but still comfortable.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by 23jayhawk
Fred - which version bend did you get in your Tag's?

Silver - CR Hi Bend #2000

I also have the FRP solid bar clamp which is a must IMHO.

Last edited:

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I realize these may not be good for woods, but I went with Renthal "desert" bend. They're very wide (over 3" wider than stock), taller, and after turning around the mounts, they're very roomy. Great control (easier to keep the front wheel in a straight line) and also very comfortable when standing, because I don't have to bend over so far anymore.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Jim - you ride a KDX in the desert without a steering damper? :ugg: I'm thinking you must have arms like Schwartzenegger... :)

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
well everybody thanks for help i found out that the bars wernt bent . it was the mounts just need to adjusted them. once again .fast 200

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…