Need Simple Brake Light

eauman

Oct 27, 2002
I have an 1989 KDX200 here in the UK & it's a great bike which I use 99% off-road, but would like to make the occasional trip
to the shops but none of the electrics work so I have no rear brake
light & I was told by the previous owner that the generator/stator is
broke.

So without spending money on a new stator or rewind & am looking for
details of a simple way to provide a brake light so I can safely use
it during the day with a working brake light? I am thinking of some
sort of battery (what power?, type?, mount where?) that could be
wired to front or rear brake lever & rear brake light ? Any help
would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

eau.man @ talk21.com

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:think: If the stator where broke how would it run? Check the wiring and it's a good bet you will find your problem.

Good Luck,
Phillip

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I don't think I would buy it from them.... $10 shipping for a $20 item. You can if you want but I will never get raped like that! :(

And that's the cheapest way they will ship! $70 if you want it Next Day.... They are Nuttier than a Fruit Cake! :yeehaw:

Last edited:

vwboomerdog

Aug 18, 2002
HI , I OWN A 1988 KDX 200, THE BIKE WAS ON THE ROAD , & WAS FITTED WITH A BRAKE LIGHT RUNNING FROM A BATTERY MOUNTED IN THE TOOL BAG ON THE REAR MUDGUARD, THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH WAS CABLE TIED TO THE REAR SHOCK GAS CANISTER. E-MAIL ME IF YOU WANT FURTHER DETAILS.
..........................VWBOOMERDOG...............................

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
I was considering running a battery pack but that's too heavy.
My stator doesnt have enough current to run headlight and brakelight. So I have decided to make a LED replacement that will use 6 or 9 super bright LEDs in the Meyer housing I already have. Honda shops sell a good switch setup that attaches to the rear brake lever. It was for their rear drum bikes. I think the whole Honda Setup is about $30 and a brakelight housing is about $20. Kinda pricey but I already have all the parts. If I were to run this setup off a lantern battery then it would last a LONG time without needing a recharge. If you're into doing a little custom work I can whip up a schmatic using an IC that will make the LEDs brighter and last longer.

vwboomerdog

Aug 18, 2002
no need to run a big battery to run just a stop light bulb, i run a 7.2v r/c car stick pack nicad , it runs a 6v bulb excellently, & lasts a long time,don't bother with all the technical crap, just do it simple !.
anarchy in the u.k. !...................vwboomerdog ......................

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…