fathead0218

Apr 12, 2009
need help on what i should get please

i have been wanting to get into dirt bikes for a while and i might get one but i need some help on pricing
some guy is selling a 2004 Honda CRF150-F for $1600 but i dont know if thats good so any advice will help and i want to know if its a good bike
:whoa:

1) i am 5ft 8 and i weigh 145
2) im very physical plan to get more aggressive as i get more experience
3) i plan to ride tracks or fields and woods with friends and family
4) little experience with my friends 50cc
5) i will try to race
6) i will be doing bike work with my father
7) i would like to get a 4 stroke honda or yamaha
8) i have plenty of yamaha and honda dealers by my home
9) i will save up to $2500
10) i live in houston texas
11) i am 15
12) i have experience in mini bikes and 4 wheelers

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
fathead0218 said:
i have been wanting to get into dirt bikes for a while and i might get one but i need some help on pricing
some guy is selling a 2004 Honda CRF150-F for $1600 but i dont know if thats good so any advice will help and i want to know if its a good bike :fft:

Depends on the condition of the bike.

Also, depends on what you intend to do with the bike.

Personally, I wouldn't spend that much for a trail bike of that vintage.

You should really answer the questions in this sticky, http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=108916

It will help us understand more about you and what kind of bike would best suit you.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
This has nothing to do with the thread ..just thought I'd say that I like your new avatar Indy :cool:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm guessing that you wouldn't be happy with the CRF150F for very long.

They're slow, heavy and not very powerful. A good beginner trailbike, no doubt. But if you plan on racing, no.. not a good choice.

What kind of racing do you want to do?

With your budget of $2500, I'd suggest you think about a 2 stroke. Say a newer (2004 -2006) CR125. You might even have a few bucks left over to get some proper gear.

With $2500, you just aren't going to find many good newer 4 strokes, that aren't hammered.

Plus, I'd suggest against a modern 4 stroke race bike for a real beginner.

Learn to ride a 2 stroke, and you will be able to transition to a 4 stroke much easier, and can learn about motorcycle maintenance without having to worry about the crap you MUST deal with on a used 4 stroke. (guess how I know this)

2strokesrock said:
This has nothing to do with the thread ..just thought I'd say that I like your new avatar Indy :cool:

Thanks.. It was time for a change.

Top Bottom