need some help on riding, technics and sort

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
ok, i'll prolly be financing for a new 2004 Honda CRF230F 4 stroke next month. :yeehaw: . and i havent ridden/sat on a dirtbike in 3 years. except for siting on the 230 and my dad's 72 Honda XL175 enduro bike for about 5 minutes each. so i've been reading the riding/technical section forum, to learn how to ride a bike again. :) . so my ? is is there anything i need to know? here is what i need to know now. how to take a jump. i never jumped my last bike (83MX80). i've put the front tire on a bump then blipped the throttle and got the bike just about vertical while moving forward enough that the rear tire rolls over the bump. then set it down. and thats all on a 20 acre field my uncle used to own. which has sold. but it was in Alberta. anyhoo..... so i need to know body position when taking off before im in mid air, what to do while in the air, and landing. i can remember how to take off/stop. and i kinda need some help shifting with the clutch. because i want to shift, jump the proper way. because i would like the bike to last for a while. oh and need some help how to climb a hill thats at about this angle /. like what gear, body pos. i figure i can get up it in 2nd. i dont want to have to shift halfway up the hill. stuff like that. i applied at some places in my town for a job today and im about to fill out an application form from Canadian Tire and Wendy's. :yeehaw: i got some pics of my quad, truck im rebuilding etc. in a yahoo account i will get that up soon.any help would be highly appreciated. :)

Top Bottom