TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I changed jobs almost a year ago to morph from a techie to a sales/marketing type. I'm now responsible for the sales and marketing of a Property Management System that was designed to cater to the small to mid-sized independent hotels. This is a tough group to market to because they don't always participate in associations and usually stand on their own with few ways to dig them up.

I've pretty much figured out that our real target market is independents in markets that have high occupancies (high demand). They thrive there and don't need a brand name (Marriott, Hilton, etc.) to get by. If any of you have experienced areas that have high concentrations of independents, I would really appreciate it if you would let me know what city/state you've seen these animals. I'm not exactly a huge US traveler when it comes to these kinds of destinations. I've traveled quite a bit but it's mostly major destination cities that are pretty well serviced by the big brand dudes. Examples of what I'm looking for would be most of the California coastal communities, Branson MO, and parts of Florida. Places that people flock to but aren't always high profile for 99% of the population.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can throw my way!

Please PM your thoughts to me. I don't want this thread to turn into a monster. Personal slams/digs/insults are fine in this thread but please send the real stuff via PM. I'm sure I won't be able to read fast enough through the fun smart assed stuff to find the nuggets of helpful info. :laugh:

Top Bottom