Need some quick help with wrist pin, bearings etc.

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
I heres what I have. It is a 2000 Yz 125. It did have a oversized 136 kit in it. I fried the piston and decisede to go back to stock. I put a new sleeve in a and bought a wiseco piston. So today I went to put it togther. It seems as theough i have a hot rod also. So i tried to use the old wristpin bearing with the new wiseco wrist pin. The old wristpin bearing is way to big for the new wisco pin. It seems as though the old wrist pin, bearing and con rod hole is bigger. So, heres what i am thinking- The wrong rod is in it. Maybe I need another bigger bearing? Anybody have this problem? The old piston I had in it fit. But i dont have the piston and i dont remember what brand it was. I need some real help! please! These rod are common but maybe the wrong one is in it. The neumber on the rod is C.K 104 Help please!

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
what top end bearing is in there? Measure it inner, outer and width...compare to what should be in there. perhaps its dimensions were for the other piston/wrist pin.

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Well I dont have anything to measure it with. I have the old bearing not a new one. I was planning on using the old one but the ID is to big for the new Wiseco wrist pin. Any other ideas? Doesnt Wiseco make HOT RODS? Wouldnt something work

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
take your bike into your local dealer they'll measure it and sell you the propper bearing for your conrod simple if they dont have one im sure they will find u a substatute

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Guess what! All it needed was a standard bearing. I guess when The 136 was in it, it changed the the diameter of the pin hence the bigger inside dia. of the old bearing. Break in tommorow.

Top Bottom