Mar 10, 2004
Ridin' Buds,
Myself and a friend are going to ride at Hungry Valley (Gorman, Ca.) from Thurs to Sat this week. I'm not familiar with the park. If you have any suggestions for good trails, good places to camp, and / or any water holes where one could swim (or at least wash off), it would be MUCH appreciated!

If you know the place, a few suggestions would really help us have a better experience...

Thanks in advance, ?:^)
Gary

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Post in the SoCal Wrecking Crew Forum and you'll get a better responce. I haven't ridden there in over ten years, but there are trails that will take you up into the forest that are pretty excellent. Definately not for the beginner though!

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
Our morning warm up loop inside Hungry Valley - usually takes us up Spaghetti Pass to Brome, on to Lower Brome, to Mesa to Salt Lick to Wheatfield to Pole Line Road to Cow Trail (to the left) to Pole Line Road to Pronghorn past the track back to the fire road. Fun loop not too difficult.

Our next run takes us to Backbone, over to Vics Cat Trail to West Freeman to Badlands to Pole Line Road to Gorman Trail to Spaghetti Pass. A fun set of trails.

Our forest runs usually start off from Sterling Canyon to Tejon then up Arrasta to the fire road then down East Frazier. This is not for the faint of heart as Arrasta is narrow, rocky, and has boulder and root obstacles along the way.

No watering holes that I can remember. We like to camp at Lower Scrub which is just about center of the park.

PS - The hillclimbs that seem to gather a flock were nice and smooth a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom