Dracus124

Jun 18, 2007
It's a Honda, the engine says "RFVC" on top, The engine size 250cc, it has dual carbs on it, it has front air shocks, and a back air shock, the swing arm says "Pro-Link."
The decompresser is integrated with the kick start. Front disk brake, rear drum brake.

They're is no coil or CDI. The Honda shop said they can get me a stock coil, but they may need to get a custom CDI (Bike looks like its built from 83-87) because the CDI is more than likely discontinued. 4 valves on the head (the valve covers are aligned with the corresponding carb)

only one serial number, the rest are scraped off. (It was probably stolen, but i got a bill of sale) Honda said that the serial number is "Invalid" Honda told me to bring the bike down so one of their "Professionals" can identify it, But i dont have a truck

I will be posting pictures later today. I am 100% sure it is a Honda bike (Most of Honda bikes are red, and Honda is the only bike i seen that says "RFVC" on the head.)

Dracus124

Jun 18, 2007
I want to throw about 600 bucks at it, but i need to figure what bike it is, it looks like it will be GREAT for endurance racing

Dracus124

Jun 18, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Sure sounds like someone stuffed a 4t engine in the mx frame.No idea about where a 250 twin came from though.

no its a single cylinder honda, the rear shock rides between the two carbs

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
2 strokes for life said:
This sounds like a XR250 between 1984 and 1985. Fun bike because the Twin carbs made for a crisp bottom and a screaming top end.

x2. I think the '83 also had twin carbs, but a drum brake in front.

The rear shock is nitrogen charged. It is not an air shock. You can add air to the front forks if you want to, but they still have springs and oil in them.

Dracus124

Jun 18, 2007
Do you know where i could get the parts from? all i need is a coil and CDI, everything else is just a good $250 at the dirt bike shop

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
'83 to '85 XR250R

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
2 strokes for life said:
BadgerMan, i thought the 83 had a front drum.

You and Dave are right......my bad.

Attachments

• 83xr250_jpg.jpg
    83xr250_jpg.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 142

flathedd

Sep 16, 2006
try midwestactioncycle for oem parts. several 4 stroke Hondas had dual carbs from about 1983 to 1985. I had an 83 xr200, but I think some xl models also did

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Unless you are planning on riding the bike on private property only, the first thing I would do is check with DMV and see if it can be registered. If the numbers are incomplete or altered, it will be hard to register. You will have to get a vin verification from a CHP officer and if the bike is stolen, it will show up and you will lose it. A bill of sale doesn't mean squat if the numbers don't match.

You can still get most all the parts you will need from your local Honda dealer, but there is no sense in spending a bunch of money on a bike you can't take anywhere.

Top Bottom