vic580

May 9, 2002
I have been riding for 30 years and have never seen this.I have a 1998 Honda Cr250 and have had the needle clip mushroom over and go from the 3rd clip to the 5th clip twice with a little bit of mushrooming on the tip of the needle. I have the owners manual,parts manual and service manual and all the parts are in the slide and the throttle moves smooth without sticking.Any ideas?

PedroMx

Jan 12, 2001
Maybe the cable holder on the slide is not fully screwed in and is not holding the needle tight. This allows it to move sideways and hit the top of the needle jet when closing the throttle. The other option is that the slide is so worn that moves badly causing the same effect.

Hope it helps

Pedro

vic580

May 9, 2002
The quarter turn needle holder is tight,and when you wiggle the needle it feels good in the slide,and the slide feels good in the carb.When I bought the bike the needle clip was the same way,I thought it was just not installed correctly by the previous owner.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Could there be something lodged inside the needle jet that is causing the needle to bottom when the throttle is closed? Just thinking out loud.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I've got the same bike and year and had the same problem. I lost my clip when changing position and bought one that looked the same from an auto parts store.
After going back to a genuine Honda clip, no problems.

vic580

May 9, 2002
All good thoughts but the carb was taken apart and cleaned by my when I got the bike,that is when I noticed the first clip bent.The needles and clips are oem honda cr250 parts and the needle jet looks fine.I will recheck the needle jet,thanks for the replies!

Top Bottom