little Loopie

Jan 8, 2005
Well, I mounted my FMF Gnarly pipe, silencer and Vforce reeds w/ a UNI air filter. I changed the jetting to a 175/55 and went to reassemble the carb after the spring/summer cleaning and dropped the slide :bang: , flattening the tip of the stock needle. The stock needle is a R1472M and I can't find a replacement. What should I be looking for to get close to stock or does anyone know a cross reference needle to the one posted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't ridden the bike since the jetting change.

little Loopie

Jan 8, 2005
Hows you been John?

None of the shops in my town had a 14anything, and I thought I'd get a email notification to this thread, but I guess not so I missed it. I tried a 1370G and was WAAAY rich w/ my jets, (motor basically sputtering out after 1/2throttle) I removed the airbox lid and it helped tremendously (salvaged the ride + I was in front the whole time and it wasn't dusty at all) I have a 1369 I got from you, should I throw that in instead of the 1370?

I still need some tuning work, but the needle was my first thing to try and replace seens how I dropped it and ruined it :bang:

Top Bottom