exbee

Dec 27, 2009
I'm a little pissed off at a local shop after picking up some jets & a needle I just ordered for my KDX 250. I ordered a 158 and 152 main jet which they got right but they screwed up the rest from what I can tell. I told them the parts were for a Keihn PWK 38. I asked for a 38 and 40 pilot jet, they got me two different 40 Mikuni pilots. I asked for a 1367 needle and they got me one that says "0163" on it. The packaging doesn't have any brand and I don't even know if it's for a PWK carb. Can anyone tell me what type of needle this is? Also, is it possible that the Mikuni jets also fit Keihin carbs? I should have just ordered this stuff online, at least I'd be able to verify what I was ordering...so much for supporting local shops.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
yeah the pilots for sure are different between the 2 brands.

This is why I always make sure I know exactly the part #'s before I even call the order into the stealerships and have them with me when I go to pick up I also inspect each part before I leave the counter.

Once I ordered a front and reat fender for a Shadow Ace 750 in burgandy and cream color and when I went to pick it up I opened the boxes and the fenders were brandywine and black and told the guy at the counter they were the wrong color and he replied I can make you a deal on a new tank and side covers, I told him no way get me the right ones.

Alot of the counter guys act like they are so cool and know everthing, but end up screwing up the orders 90% of the time and won't take the parts back once you leave and come back.

I have found a good place to order when I need OEM and supply them the part #'s then verify what the part is line by line.

sorry to go off subject....but any "good" shop is going to have plastic boxes marked with keihn or mikuni that are full of pilot and mains at least.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Keihin and Mik do not mix. Try to id your carb through Sudco or a parts micro fiche for the carb you have. There are not many parts guys who can help with anything out of their ordinary realm of mis-expertise. Save the headache and track it down yourself. Or call JD. Vintage Bob.

exbee

Dec 27, 2009
Well, I haven't opened any packages yet so if these parts don't appear to be the same when I compare to my stock parts they're going back...I may have a fight on my hands when I get there but they're going to hear about it anyway.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Be prepared for the 10% restocking fees? Good luck, special order, nobody stocks any parts anymore! Not even Service Honda! Vintage Bob

wow I guess I'm lucky
the ktm shop 1.5 miles away has all the jets I may ever need.

Cycle Nation in canton 15 miles also has boxes of jets

High performance cycles 5 miles away has boxes of jets too

I guess I am lucky as far as chioces and availability but I have to drive 2hrs to freak'n ride :bang:

exbee

Dec 27, 2009
It's my own fault...I should stick with what I know. I gave this dealer a shot because they specialize more in off-road machines than my regular shop, plus they're 5 minutes from my house. I haven't had real stellar service from them in the past but thought they may be better for my new off-road toy. I guess I'll be giving all of my business to the other shop. They give me a 10% "racer's discount" anyway so I don't know why I thought I should shop around.

Top Bottom