MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
Need some help, I have an 85 KDX 200. When I pulled the carb apart I managed to bend the needle. THe original needle is a 6FL51-4. My understanding is that it was custom made for these bikes. Problem is that it is way too expensive. Does anyone know of one of the standard Mikuni needles that would work or be close enough, or any other advice. THanks

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
If I remember right, one of the shop guys at Sudco told me it was custom. I couldn't find one anywhere other than Kawasaki OEM parts, so maybe he was right? Oh well, I already bit the bullet and ordered one. $8 for shipping and handling, what a scam :) I took out a pair of calipers and I tried to find a standard Mikuni that was close. The KDX needle seems to taper off drastically. Oh well, gave me a good chance to find all the silicone on the bowl gasket and wrapped around the floats from the previous owner :) Anyways, thanks for the help.

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
Yeah I just sent them a request, but haven't heard back yet. Anyone know what would happen if I tried one of the common Mikuni needles? I'm just using it for trail riding, so I am not concerned about max performance or anything like that.

Top Bottom