lutherdude

Nov 16, 2010
Just added a new Fatty pipe to my 93 KDX 200. Can find all the jetting rezcommendations EXCEPT they don't make a 1173 Needle Valve anymore. Will this work OK with the stock needle valve? I ride the Pacific NW (Seattle/Tacoma) and some mid State desert 500-3000ft.

Last edited:

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
What is your altitude, humidity and temperature??

148 is not a needle size. The slightly thicker needle FRP recommends improved response in the 1/8 - 1/4 throttle range on my E series KDX.

lutherdude

Nov 16, 2010
lutherdude said:
Just added a new Fatty pipe to my 93 KDX 200. Can find all the jetting rezcommendations EXCEPT they don't make a 148 Needle Valve anymore. Will this work OK with the stock needle valve?
Whoops!! I mean I can't find a 1173 Needle valve...will the stock one work OK???

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
1173n is a kawasaki part, not a keihin part. If I remember correctly, the 1173 kawi part equates to a BGN Keihin part. I could double check this to make sure.

However, the best needle to use in your bike IMO are the CGK or DGK needles. The CGK will offer a bit more "hit", where the DGK is smooth all the way through, very linear. I would advise picking them both up. Both needles will run richer than the stock 1173, so you will want to get a couple sizes smaller in both main and pilot to test.

Top Bottom