Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
:clue:

..... doing wheelies and stoppies (scoring points for each category, yielding a prize for the winner):

a- longest wheely (points for duration and distance)
b- erectest wheely (within a 15 foot space, e.g.)

c- longest duration stoppy (move no more than x inches)
d- erectest stoppy

3-member judging, visually. In case of "tie" a run-off will be held...

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sounds dangerous - count me out LOL! But I'd love to judge/witness others take the challenge. Any consolation prize for the person to loop it out the biggest?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm definately out.

This is how well I did in my last wheelie contest...

truespode.jpg

Ivan

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
How about a times mini enduro course with a multiple offset log crossing, under fence drag, combination with some of that barrel racing thrown in to the mix along with the wheelie/stoppie?

Make it spectator friendly close to camp.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I still like the idea of "BumperCross." The coarse could be roped off with barbed wire for spectator safety.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
dangerous?... as in hill climbs, we would have a couple of burly fellows standing beside the bike at the "stoppie" point to prevent the bike from slamming someone going over the bars; of course in the case of wheelies, well. we may need a row of burlies on either side.... hell, easy for me to say: I won't do either one. Of course this is for people who know that they know how to do these things, no "first timers"....

heck the objective is to have some non-racing dealies for "entertainment" purposes.... through which points could be earned over a period of days for a "special prize" like a Shoei helmet, Agio bag etc or a bike wash ...................... of course we could invite the metal-globe cage riders to exhibit their skills...

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
joereitman said:
and what exactly are the "prizes"? :)
For the men I suggest a bikini wearin flagger babe :laugh:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
truespode said:
I'm definately out.

This is how well I did in my last wheelie contest...

Ouch Ivan! Just look how the whole back end of the bike is deformed. The seat is way out of shape and the fender is gone.

That looks like it was a very expensive side show.

B

biglou

I'm all for the barrel races again. That was a blast! Let's see if we can set up closer to the pits this time so's we can make even bigger fools of ourselves! :yeehaw:

Ivan will always be my "Wheelie King"! ;)

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
well we could set up the barrel races around Camp Lou...

B

biglou

Now you're talkn'! lol. I meant like in the open field or something, just so more people could witness "the spectacle" that is barrel racing! That was a hoot! Way more fun than I figgered it would be. :thumb:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I'm with Lou on the Barrel racing, that was great big gobs of humiliating fun!! The only thing better would be to do it in full view of all of the people with video cameras :joke:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Is riding through the fire going to part of the competition?

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
hey just about the whole barrel race of 2003 is on video; it will be on the DVD version that TimR is working on...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
rv6junkie said:
Ouch Ivan! Just look how the whole back end of the bike is deformed. The seat is way out of shape and the fender is gone.

That looks like it was a very expensive side show.
First time you saw that? That's how he got his name and how the trophy named! Gotta be one of the great net pics to be floating around.

Ivan is my hero. :worship:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The barrel races were awesome. Still wondering about the Arkansas boy who convinced to me "allow it". He won all the cash! (walks away thumbing all those dollars thinking "silly yankees") He was right though, "all the really fast guys will duff it".

Best memory is Elk throwing the XR50 away, losing a shoe, etc.. lol. Good stuff.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Nice TJ.

Ya know, to be totaly fair, I did the same exact thing on that same jump following my son around it. Saw it and figured, "aw...why not just roll over this one." Problem was I didn't know it just dropped off on the back side.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
BEEF706 said:
Obviously that bully on the XR100 roosted you causing temporary loss of motor skills :p

Yep that damn SqueakyGirl! :think: But so i dont look as bad its a XR200 which has about a 1/2HP more than the XR100. :laugh:

Top Bottom