loge88

Aug 8, 2007
Hey guys im interested in getting in to dirtbikes.I am am 15 years old, 5ft 9in and weigh 135lb.I want to do mainly tracks but also some trails I also really want to jump.I dont have any experience what so ever on a bike.Im not to sure yet if I want to race or not.Right now im focused on the yamaha yz250f,cause I have heard that they are good starter bikes Im just not to sure though. So if anyone has any advice for me then please give it.CauseTry to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size ( 5ft 9in)
2) How physical / pretty phyisical and aggresive
3) what do you plan to ride- mostly track some trails lots of jumps
4) Do you have any riding experience?No
5) Do you think you will race ?Maybe not sure yet
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yeah I have a neighbor that can show me everything.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 4 stroke Yamaha yz250f
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yeah they carry everything.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Idk 2000-3000 maybe a little more
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 15
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

This info won't guarentee a perfect bike choice but it will sure stear the answers you get closer to the ideal bike.

------------------------------------------------------------------ « t a g » -----
Participating in sports doesn't build character...IT REVEALS IT!!! Let the kids have fun riding and racing
SPIDERS RACING PROFILE

I really would like to hear.thanks!

Last edited:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
A YZ250F (which is a four stroke) might be a bit hard to find in your price range. If you found one I would suspect it would not be in the best of condition. I would not recommend a high performance engine that is not in good condition for a beginner.

A better deal for you would be to buy something like a 10 year old YZ125 (which is a two stroke). The maintenance on a 2-stroke is a lot less than on a 4-stroke so the older bike shouldn't be that hard for you to keep running. You should be able to pick something up for under $1500.

Rod

1994cr125

Jul 10, 2007
You sound exactly like me. Im 15, 140 pounds and about 5'10 i got my 1994 Honda CR125 about 6 months ago. it is a 2 stroke and it was only 700$. But it is a motocross bike and they are somewhat difficult to take care of. But if you know your bike good enough you could handle it. It's really what you feel you are able to do. Also i think this bike is good for you size, experience, and price range http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/DRZ125LK8/Default.aspx

J-man

May 16, 2007
well 2 strokes are alot different than 4 strokes i like 4 strokes a lot more than 2 strokes because they are easier to ride. and alot easier to learn on.

Top Bottom