breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
About 6 months ago I sold my kdx200 and bought a yz250. The yz is an awsome bike, very fast and very quick to handle. Though the yz has been just as reliable as the kdx I miss the comfort of the kdx. when I get off a day of the yz my a$$ hurts and my grip is tired from all the hanging on to that monster. Now I am not saying I want to sell the yz, I just wish I had kept the kdx so I could have the choice of very fast and beat up or fast enough and comfortable.

loingrader

Nov 12, 2005
i ride trails in north central kansas. down in creek bottoms dodging trees (up and downed). up and down ravines, lots of technical riding, and hill climbs and never very fast. 2 buddies ride with me. one on an 01 yz125 the other on a 97 cr250. they are always beat up and sick of riding in about half the time i am on my kdx. that and the fact that the ol 91 kdx makes me look like one hell of a good rider compared to them two on their mx bikes. i love it.

-b

MaicoCPA

Sep 5, 2006
That's why I sold my YZ 250 and bought a KDX 200. The YZ was great for the track but had too hard a hit for trail riding with the kids. I knew there would be a difference but I was still surprised at the comfort and predictability of the KDX.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
I wish I would've kept mine too...I've got other bikes, but the KDX was the do it all bike!

oldturtle

Sep 11, 2005
In early 90s I swapped my 88 CR250 straight across for an 89 KDX200 because the KDX was much better for my gnarly choice of terrain. Then traded up for a white 90 KDX200 with KX upside down forks and this was in 1992 before most guys even thought about fork swaps. Then I got the 4 stroke bug again and rode various XRs until 2004. Then after short stint on KTM250 which was big mistake I went back to the KDX with an 03 220. So I have had the experience twice of having too much 2 stroke power and hit and then going back to a KDX.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
2 weeks ago I was dead set on selling my KDX and stepping up to a 450 or 250 2stroke with trail freiendly mods. Then I got my bike back together (broken power valve) and realized how much I absolutly love the thing for plodding along through rocks and tight trails, it's just too easy.

So instead of selling it for a new bike I simply added to the collection. Got a 99 KX125 for $900 today. Needs a cluch, grips, and some levers. Looks to have pretty low time on it and runs like a champ. I think I got a good deal, and now I have something to do track-duty on. Yeah!

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
Yup, went to a KTM 520SX and cleaned out my garage of 2-stroke stuff, tricekd out CR's and one KDX...4mos later I have another KDX back! I find that most often the meager ride-time/location fits the KDX like a glove, and it IS a v-comfortable little scoot too, as well as being "neighbor-friendly". They are massively adaptable.

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
Over the years, I had a PE400, YZ125, KX125, XR250, KLX300, KDX200... in that order. With that said...
I'm keeping the KDX. Awesome bike.

Top Bottom