trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
So here I am sitting in my room, wondering what to do this afternoon. Since I'm currently studying outside of my home town, I can't go ride because my bike is at 200 km from me! So why not get in shape!?
I put on my running shoes and start jogging. After 15 minutes I'm like, "damn this is really boring, why not get back home and put your rollerblades?"
So I get back home and put on these rollers. I start off slowly to get used to it (I rollerblade in average once a year but I play hockey a lot). With a bit more of confidence, I perform a small jump to clear a small patch of grass...BAD idea!!! When landing, I lost balance and struggled to stay up. This struggling somehow twisted my leg really bad and I still fell on the hard and rough asphalt. People in cars passing by must have laughed pretty hard.
It's not over! I get up quickly and realize how much pain I feel in that right leg. I sit down a couple of minutes. I try to stand up and slowly roll my way back to the apartement but I'm unable! So I took off these rollerblades and walked slowly and painfully down the street with my nice little white socks!
I must have sprained a muscle in that leg cause it hurts like hell. Anyway, I hope it heals for a 3 day weekend of motocross. :cool:

Anyone else have some stupid or funny little stories like that to make me feel a bit less dumb? Thanks!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
:) , that sucks very badly, i hope the best to you. but me and my friend were rolldeblading (i was 10, im 15 now) i just got a pair of new roller blades. so we were riding in his driveway, and we got bored, so we went to a big hill and were were going to race, it was funny because about half way down the hill and he went to 1 side and i went to the other side then BOOm, we both fell on teh road, i scraped teh crap out of my knee, and was balling on the side of the road, and my friend hit grass... soo, a couple cars went by and you could see the people staring O.O, but 1 guy polled over, and got my mom...

it sucked... its not ralley that funny, but it migth make you feel better about roller blades. But now, if i got to teh rink i can sepeed skate, and i got alot better at it, but i go alittle more often than once a year..

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Anyone else have some stupid or funny little stories like that to make me feel a bit less dumb?
No.

Seriously tho, my dumbest injury was pulling a muscle in a back. While cutting the grass on a riding lawnmower. Yup. I was going along, felt a sneeze coming, kinda turned and twisted at the waist to sneeze and I did, right when I hit a bump. No kidding, it caused a pain that felt like a knife. Hurt for a week or more.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
LOL must be lawncare injuries are more common than I thought. I strained my back like a week ago bending over and grabbing the 5 gal gas can in the garage. I felt like a total doofus.

I like your injury better, Okie. :laugh:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Geez where do I start? I'll go with this one for now...

-I used to work at a roller rink, I was the only one that bladed. One night they had a "employee only backwards race". No problem for me, I won easily. When I crossed the finish line. I jumped in the air and spun around to do a 180. I planned to basically land with one foot behind me, kind of kneeling (I had practiced this for a long time). Well when I went to pull my leg back to kneel my front wheel caught the ONLY small hole/low spot in the entire floor and I flipped forward and skidded a few feet hitting my face first and then slid to a stop on my stomach. To make it worse it was a Friday night skate so there were over a 100 people watching...While I was trying to make it look like I meant to do that a few of the guys I work with started jumping over me...

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Okiewan said:
No.

Seriously tho, my dumbest injury was pulling a muscle in a back. While cutting the grass on a riding lawnmower. Yup. I was going along, felt a sneeze coming, kinda turned and twisted at the waist to sneeze and I did, right when I hit a bump. No kidding, it caused a pain that felt like a knife. Hurt for a week or more.
That must of been one serious sneeze man, how many beers deep were you? :rotfl:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Your story made me laugh Okie! I'll watch out the next time I sneeze!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I knocked a stop sign several degrees out of alignment when I roller bladed in to it once. Needless to say I looked AT LEAST as silly as trial_07 to the people stopped at the 4 way intersection :)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Haha!! I looked silly during 15 minutes walking back home with white socks and the rollerblades in my hand!!

Now you know what a stop sign means patman! :laugh:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Where I live there are rollerblading/biking trails everywhere! The only problem is there are so many hills that come out of nowhere and going downhill in rollerbaldes is not my forte...haha. So I was rollerblading to school and end up going down this steep hill....there was a kind of gate thing that yoiu have to weave around which I managed to navigate but at the end the side walk just ended and there was a huge heave in the pavement where the sidewalk met the side road.....down I went. I had to walk around the university all day with my brand new pants ripped and muddy in one knee. I have since decided that I am only capable of rollerblading on perfectly flat surfaces.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I've decided to not rollerblade at all......until next year I guess!

railer

Nov 4, 2005
Okiewan said:
No.

Dude, I did the exact same thing (minus the whole mowing the lawn part). It's more common than you would think. I was walking (just walking, nothing else) along in my highschool, sneezed real hard and couldn't walk straight for a week due to a seriously pulled muscle in my back. HAHA, it wasn't that funny, but people's reactions when I told them how I did it, was funny.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
And we ride on rough tracks, jump significant distances, corner at high speeds...but we can still pull a muscle while sneezing!!! Unbelievable.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Back when I was still in HS I went to this youth camp thing in Georgia with the people I worked with. One of the daily activities for our small group was mountain biking. Well out of the 7 in the group I was the most athletic one. Well...since they were all my friends I thought I would show off a little. We're going down the trail and I'm bunny hopping and jumping stuff and brake sliding...We get to this bridge w/out sides that was over a small stream. They were all freaking out about crossing this bridge. I was like oh geez, watch me. So I decide to bunny hop onto the bridge. Well it had started to rain while we had been sitting around discussing the "difficulty" of crossing this bridge. So I attempted to hop up on this bridge. The bridge sat about 4" higher than the ground and the trail connected to it on an angle. Well I got the front wheel up and when the rear wheel started to come up something happened and I got tossed off the side of this bridge. I ended up free falling 6' to the rocky stream below bike tumbling after me. I'm laying in this stream helmet crooked mud and dirt everywhere and I'm tangled w/my bike laughing my head off. My group is freaking out thinking I died or something. I get up still laughing rinse myself off and drag myself and the bike back to the top. They decided we were done mountain biking for the day. I got an award at the end of the week for "Extreme biking". Oh and came home with a huge bruise on my right leg from landing on rocks.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
biglou said:
I got run over by a car that wasn't even running while mountain biking once. No, really.
I got run over by a mountain bike while I was in a car that wasn't even running once. Really.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Haha! A couple of years ago, I was gonna put something in the back of my mother's minivan. In the back, you could see a mark of a bicycle tire and two hands stamped on the car! I could easily imagine the scene; very funny!!

Top Bottom