KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Hi, I just bought the TAG Metals Oversized bar clamops for my KDX. Which way do they go on? with the gap away from you, or towards you? does the dot on the top part of the clamp... well, Im assuming that goes away from you. also, does that spacer thingy go above the tripple clamp, or below? thanks in advance.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I might be able to explain this in an easier way. The bar clamps are off set. Picture an oval, and the bolt that goes through the tripple clamp is towards one of the ends. I assume the best postion is with the handle bars farther away from you. but with the top piece, if you put both dots away from you, as if they were an arrow to mark top, there will be a gap away from you, and towards you. I hope u guys can give me a hand here, thanks.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
oh yeah, and if I put both dots away from me on the top part of the clamp, there will be a gap towards me, and away from me. Should the gap on each one be the same or opposite?

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
On most set-ups, the offset should put the bar closer to you. However, if it works and you need it further away, go for it. One last comment. Most steering dampers will require the bar to be closer to you (at least from the ones I have seen).
JCW

Top Bottom