2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'm still having a lingering love affair with 'em.
The 70's, coffin tanks, Ake Johnson...

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Never owned one, but I undestand the infatuation.

Got to see Graham Noyce ride at the USGP in '76, when the tanks were still silver. Took home a Maico stroker cap from the event.

Then a desert ride on a 490 Sand Spider set the hook deep - one of the most fun motors of all time.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
VintageDirt said:
At least CZ is easy to pronounce.

Yeah .. it's pronounced "Cee Zed" in Canada and England (where they speak the Queen's English).

The first time I heard it pronounced "Cee Zee", the whole "sleazy Cee Zee" thing finally made sense. I thought they were sleazy Cee Zed's all those years.

:coocoo:

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
Rich Rohrich said:
Anyone who has pulled apart a brand new Maico gearbox to modify the shift plate so it shifts properly, or still has a wave washer clutch spring in their toolbox (for reasons know only to the Moto gods and possibly SuperHunky ) can call it anything they want.

In the presence of Maico royalty like Pokie I'm willing bow to the Teutonic foofery and say MyCO, but it will always be a MayCoe to me. :nener:

why would they be in the toolbox? we still have the washers in the bike. man they are complicated though, a maico 360 me and a buddy have been working on still used those washers and it also has aftermarket clutch discs so finding the right washer set up has been hard. i love the way a maico sounds, had a unique sound, im only 15 but i know thats a fact. youve never herd anything until you here the expansion chamber crackle of an old bigbore 2-stroke square barrel streight pipe maico. :nod:( for those that dont know there was a time when no one cared about silencers or spark arrestors)

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
Uchytil said:
440 x 3 (not even my idea - :nener:

May-co don't break-o if you know what your doing!

theres another saying " maico maico made of tin, ride em out and push em in" a buddy told me that one.

Top Bottom