PK

Feb 27, 2000
We just got a new 2002 200 EXC and I'm in the process of setting it up for my wife. I've gotten the jetting set as per the manual. I was trying to set the rear sag for her but it looks like I may have to get a new rear spring since she weighs 125 lbs. What else should I do to the bike? On my new Yamaha I had to regrease the all the bearings, silicone the air box, change the oil after each ride till I got it cleaned out (it's a 426). I'm new to KTM's but so far I am very impressed by the bike. The thing rips compared to her YZ134. I'm gonna be battling her to ride it. Any tips would be appreciated...

Pat

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
Pat, dont know what skill level your wife is and what type of power she prefers, explosive hit vs. smooth linear power ?

Once you have the motor run in you can change the jetting to smooth the powerband out and make the power very linear (like a gasgas200). Jetting changes a sea level are:
Needle: CEK#3
Main Jet: 178-180
Pilot Jet: 45
A/S: 1.5 turns out

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I have my 01 200EXC jetted the same as Reons and am very happy with it. My buddy rides a crate stock 02 200EXC and could not believe the difference between the 2 bikes!

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Funny, I used Reons exact jetting on my 02 200exc near sea level in the hot summer and was so lean I didn't even bother to try moving the clipp and went back to stock. The bike bogged everytime you gave it throttle quickly. Also it had poor lowend and midrange but when the powervalves opened the hit was just as hard and uncontrolable as stock. I guess these bikes all have different personalities. I think I will check my float level and see if that is low. Maybe that's why my bike jets differently than most peoples.

PK

Feb 27, 2000
I have the same jetting as recommended by Reon except we put in the NOFG needle that came with the bike. My wife really likes it. I think we are going to have to get a softer rear spring and possibly softer front springs for her. I can't go too soft though otherwise I won't be able to tool around on it :whiner:

Thanks,
Pat

PS: Is there a place I can look for recommended springs for a person's weight?

Top Bottom