cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
The local VOR dealer has a new 2000 VOR503 for $2,995. Is that a good price? They said it is $7,500 retail. They also have new 2000 Gas Gas EC300 and a EC250 for the same price. Any coments on these bikes would be appreciated

Anssi

May 20, 2001
The VOR is a competition bike that compares closest to the Husaberg 550 or whatever their medium thumper is now or the KTM 520. It will have all the power you ever wished for in a light package. I would be concerned with the quality. Husabergs that are also from a small factory seem plagued with all sorts of problems around here, although some do last.

At that price it sounds like a steal, though. They are made of top-quality components like the 'bergs, I guess the problems arise when they don't get enough testing miles.

The GGs from what I hear are well-mannered enduro bikes, much like the smaller KTMs.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by spanky250
These are all great prices, but I would stay away from the VOR, getting parts for such a rare bike would probably be a nightmare.

They are not that rare. they are imported by ATK http://www.vor.it/ing/home.htm

Is it a 503 MX or enduro. I understand the MX has a hit almost like a big bore 2-stroke but the enduro is tuned completely different so as to have roll on power from idle up.
I'd buy the VOR, matter of fact I've been considering them anyway.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
At that price they all would be a steel. I think that Weimdog has a VOR. You might PM him about quality and cost of parts, ect... All are exotic bikes and parts will proabley be a little higher than say a Yamaha or honda.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
cmott...
If you don't want the bike, let me know where it is. I'll take it no questions if it's still on a floor. (the mx model) Well...maybe one question, 3 speed?

I've not ridden one, but I have closely inspected one of these beautys...
very intresting piece of quality craftmanship.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
MX has 3 speed, Enduro has 5.

It is my understanding that the entire gear box is removable and can be replaced with either one.

the 2002 enduros have electric start.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
That's why I asked the question, hi. :)

If I'm not mistaken, they have a 4 speed available for them as well...im sure weimer or VOR could answer this.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I could scrape up 3K for a new EC250. Just tell me where to call...

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
The Bikes are in North Idaho

If anyone one wants one of these bikes I will let you know where to call when I get home. (I am at work now). The VOR is the enduro model

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
All gone. I called on Saterday afternoon and they were all gone. 2 GG'es and 2 VORs. All were brand new. They had 1 VOR enduro and 1 MXer.

I missed out aswell!:(

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Anyone know who bought those things?

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Nope

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Coeur d' Alene Subaru of all places had a Vor, Artci Cat and Gas/Gas dealership and quit the dirtbike ORV business last month. They sold everything for unbeleivable prices.

I Didn't even know they had them.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...I was ready to jump on the VOR!

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
Jaybird I have a slighty used 1999 VOR 503 enduro for sale. Give you a great deal. BTW all VOR's have 5 speed trans, only the first few mx bikes were three speeds. And no parts are not expensive or hard to get.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
But, it's the 503 MX bike I was interested in. That's why I asked before.

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Let me warn you right now, that 503 is a purebread. It ain't for the lighthearted. The bike is extremely powerful.
With that said. A friend has a '99 and can get parts better than he could for his KTM. Actually he gets them pretty easily.
Resale is your biggest problem.

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Vor 492

How much do you want for your 503?

Top Bottom