nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I hope Red and I will be able to attend DW03 for the full week... if so - I would love to help plan some "new" activities. We rode out butts off in the 2 days we attended this year - looks like next year we'll have to pace ourselves across the full week which will make for some time to do "other" activities.

Lets hear ideas for bike related or non bike related activities. I would really like to do some fun stuff for the kids. I'll start by throwing a few ideas out there:

-Coloring/drawing contests of some sort
-Pit bike race
-Tag team pit bike race
-Balloon toss
-Soccer game
-Flag football
-Softball game
-Mini golf tourney
-Musical chairs
-Group hide and go seek (where one person hides then everyone tries to find them and as each person finds the hider - they hide in the same spot too)
-Bicycle races on (parts of?) the mini track
-Foot races on (parts of?) the mini track
-Moto buckets (like Bozo buckets)
-Mini kids hare scramble

Let's hear some feedback - what would you/your family/kids/etc. maybe have interest in? And lets throw some more ideas out there.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'd say no to anything not moto related. Just not enough time. Unless of course some of the non-riding attendees wanted to do something of that nature.
I'd like to see a bike rodeo. Slow races, etc.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We could have a version of the gunny sack race but tie two bikes together. Maybe play toss the nobby or carrying motor oil on a spoon whilst we ride through a course.:)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Slow race? Man I can do that!!!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Toss the nobby? That's not something I wanna do in public.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
All good ideas Nikki, but I agree with P.K., we should try and keep it in the light of dirt bikes. We played softball once with a 50. the batter hits, and then uses the 50, (first gear, throttle limited) to round the bases. the field looks pretty funny with everyone in riding gear!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I posted this in the Woods event thread, but it probably belongs here

How about a timed event on the grass track similar to the Battle Trax (or Autocross) concept they run in parking lots. Basically you layout a course with cones or tape and one rider at a time goes through while being timed. None of the usual problems with head to head racing but still a fun way to pit your skills against someone else. It could be a fun way to team up the MX riders against the Woods riders in an event that favors neither. Add up total time for a group of riders on the same team and have a final shoot out of the two best. It would be a safe way for riders and kids who don't normally compete to play as well.

Might even be a good way to settle a few smack talk episodes.
Two riders go in but only one rider comes out :eek:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
...hmmmm :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
I'd say no to anything not moto related. Just not enough time. Unless of course some of the non-riding attendees wanted to do something of that nature.
I'd like to see a bike rodeo. Slow races, etc.
I had suggested a bike rodeo but didn't get any response. That is easy to do and can be done at anytime. Everyone that wanted could getted timed once. Give a event winner and an overall winner, no second or third place finishes.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Nikki, I suggested a bicycle race before DW'02 but no one picked up on the idea. On the kids track or on the woods course, I would take part in that type of race...

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
how about Wheelie and Stoppie Contest?... me just watch that stuff!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I vote for jousting!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How are you gonna carry a mountain bike on a dirtbike? :confused:

:think: Heeeeey, wait a second, you mean you want to pedal? :eek:
Jousting, now you're talking! :thumb:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Moto-polo would be awesome Jeff!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'd enter a stoppie contest, but only if extra points are awarded for stylish endos. A bonus should also be given if the bike remains upside down while the contestant extricates himself from the soil.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Bike toss for distance.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by a454elk
Bike toss for distance.

FINALLY something I have a shot at winning. Let's use Elk's YT :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
YT=Yellow Turd Thought I'd clarify that for those lost souls.;):moon:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk
YT=Yellow Turd Thought I'd clarify that for those lost souls.;):moon:
It only took 23 replies for poop to show up!
Back to thread .... slow races, where I don't have to turn, go down a slope or stop would be good :)

Opps ... I forgot. I had wanted to to the GPS course. Sounded interesting!

Last edited:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
uh, how about power valve dissasembly and assembly races? We would need at least a few donor bikes, preferably ones that would typically need such procedures (Suzuki, etc.)

Top Bottom