Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Thump
What about a Chili cook off?
Did you eat the HS chili? I think they have an unfair advantage. I would cast my vote for theirs in advance after what I ate this year. :worship:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Will there be a "hot dog eating" contest like they do at the H-D rodeos? :eek: :scream: :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That HS Chili was my mom's receipe and I am quite fond of it. I say we have a Hideaway Pizza eating contest. I win, hands down.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Chili cook-off sounds awesome - I loves me some chili!!

How about bingo one night? Any interest? Who says bingo is only for senior citizens ;)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by nikki
Chili cook-off sounds awesome - I loves me some chili!!

How about bingo one night? Any interest? Who says bingo is only for senior citizens ;)
I was gonna say something but nevermind :p

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
HEY HEY HEY put down the spoon and back away from the cauldron we ain't cooking this Chili :flame: :scream: Man I may have to rethink my plans to attend DW03 or at least track me down a bodyguard :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lets see, Bingo after chili. Pwwuuuut! :moon: Bingo! :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I talked to a buddy a couple of days ago about an idea I had about a pig roast. He can get me 150# or so hogs quartered and ready for the grill. They net out about 60%, so a couple should feed everyone, or we could cook one and have chili contest as well. According to him the pig would only be $40.00 to $50.00 dollars, which is cheaper than the ribs.

It could be a pot luck, everyone east of the Mississippi bring a veggie, while everybody west brings a dessert.

One night (Thurs of Fri) under the bigtop eating like the big ol family we are.
The DW Bag band pickin and grinning and maybe even a group of skits organized by the mods to get everyone laughin.

Tony

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Tony what about a whole hog that we roast in a pit? Dig a hole, build a fire, let it burn down then throw some coals over the hog and cover with rocks?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sounds good, since John will do the slaughtering for us, I'm sure he will leave it in as large a parts as we desire.
We would need a big a** cooler to keep it for the week .....
I bet one of those off shore fisher types might have one.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Sounds good, since John will do the slaughtering for us, I'm sure he will leave it in as large a parts as we desire.
We would need a big a** cooler to keep it for the week .....
I bet one of those off shore fisher types might have one.

Tony, :( not anymore but I have built them before and it's fairly easy to do with 1/2 inch plywood, 1 inch foam insulation sandwiched between the two. The inside needs to be treated with Fiberglass resin(minus the fiber glass ;) ) to waterproof the wood and just epoxy the seams. Rather than using regular ice go the dry route and voila, home made cooler :thumb:

Phillip

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Roastin a whole hog needs to be done by a hog roaster. It is an art and a novice can easily have some rank pork on thier hands if not careful.

B

biglou

Originally posted by Jaybird
Roastin a whole hog needs to be done by a hog roaster. It is an art and a novice can easily have some rank pork on thier hands if not careful.
By the same token, eating said hog should best be left to those with experience. No lightweights allowed! I volunteer myself for the job! :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have a group in mind on the hog roast and will find out this week. They are local and have everythig they need.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Cool, I really like the idea of a pot luck one night!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
A plywood box with some styrofoam and then duct tape the seams would be plenty with dry ice since there is no water involved, it also would be easy to take down when it was through.

Yup Jaybird it can get kinda' ugly if you are unfamiliar with the process.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I think a pitch-in hog roast is a great idea. Can't think of a better way for us to all be together for some fellowship and good eatin!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Jaybird
I think a pitch-in hog roast is a great idea. Can't think of a better way for us to all be together for some fellowship and good eatin!

How about getting together and practicing on a couple between now and DW03. Gotta have everything perfect ya know ... :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
^^^^^I'm in!:thumb:^^^^^
Depending on the number of folks, we may have to do a piglet. ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Tony, I think that is a great idea!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
You'll get a few chances to practice eatin' hog at RAGBRAI. :yeehaw:

(no we get to see how many DRNers actually know what RAGBRAI is) ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:thumb:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Gaelic for PMS?

:think: