YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Just picked up Diggers new ride.

2005 CRF100 :)

After missing out on a few premo used ones I came apon a deal on a leftover 05 at Powers, last one they had. Price was right so I jumped on it :cool:

And I managed to save enough $ for a few goodies for the new ride that should be ariving next week :aj:

As you probably noticed its in the kitchen. Im starting a trend. My CRFX started life with the family with a nice warm evening in the house also. Wife was less than pleased with me. Oh well. Ya gotta shake up the system once in a while to show them who's boss right??

Its reall gonna be shakin things up when she gets home. Not only does she not know I was getting it its still in the kitchen :ohmy:

As you can see in the last picture I wasted no time adding on some new bling. Answer Pro Taper SE bars, Mini Moose aluminum guards, Cycra shields, Answer grips and grip dounuts. Looks pretty cool.

As I sit on this bike adjusting the controls I cant help thinking how much fun this bike is gonna be for dad. This bike fits me pretty good. I have already sourced out a 95watt stator and headlight for this bike. I am thinking this little bike is gonna be a killer night riding machine. :cool:

Attachments

• digger 1.jpg
    digger 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 475
  • digger 2.jpg
    digger 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 472
  • hopeless.jpg
    hopeless.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 481

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Oh almost forgot. I actually had to talk Digger into a new bike. He wanted to get a used one in a bad way. He wanted to save the $ and spend it on some BBR bling bling.

Well when we got to the dealer and he saw the bike I think he forgave me for getting him a new bike. Kids huh....He was pretty excited.

After all the papers were signed the sailsman was starting to show Digger all the features. It was so funny. As the guy was talking Digger pops the kickstand up and starts pushing it towards the front door glancing over his shoulder mumbling uh huh yep....oh yea.... Suurrreee.....Dad get the door! Salesguy just looked at me and laughed.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:cool:

Gotta come up to Kalkaska April 29-30 and ride the Family Enduro event with him.

... And don't forget the key! But if you do, I've heard you just cut the wires and it fires right up!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea I think I am gonna put the key in the ignition and zip tie it to the frame so it stays in place. Never had a dirtbike with a key. I would rather it be a permanent fixture in the bike via zip ties. I can easily see me forgeting it

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
DIGGER - MAN OH MAN IS THAT GORGEOUS!!!!! I hope you know how absolutely LOVED you are buddie!! Better go hug that Mom and Dad and tell them thanks!!! Don - THAT IS AWESOME! That is something that your son will ALWAYS remember... The only issue that I see as that Digger aint gonna let you be taking off on his bike for the night rides brother!! He has that look on his face that I get on my scoots - ahhhhhhhhhh, my car yea, my shotgun maybe, my chainsaw proabably not - my scoot NEVER :rotfl:
(could have said something about wife in there but I like being out of the dog house :moon: )
Woodsy :ride:

Simulcaster

Nov 8, 2005
What a cool dad! Now that's what I call providing for a family! The coolest part is you let him keep it in the house. its already been said kid. but go give your parents a hug, and if the trash even looks full..... take it out.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Yzman400,
Did The Guys At Powers Take Good Care Of You?? I Do All My Business With Them And They Are A Great Bunch Of Guys. The Dealers In The Lansing Area Can't Hold A Candle To Powers, (with The Exception Of Lansing Cycle/ Enduro Eng.) But I Don't Ride A Ktm, I Bleed Red If You Get My Drift. Anyways I Was Just Curious If They Treated You Right, They Are Always Looking For Feedback.
Dave Leathers.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
yep Powers did a good job. Wasn't much to mess up though. I asked the price. It was good I signed the papers, handed over the cash and walked out with a bike. pretty simple transaction.

1st time I bought a bike from them. Ive been a Boston Motors guy. Yea I know they are a little quirky but once you get to know them they are good guys.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
1st time I bought a bike from them. Ive been a Boston Motors guy. Yea I know they are a little quirky but once you get to know them they are good guys.
Yea, the hardest part is getting to know George and getting Mikey to smile :laugh: :laugh: :rotfl:
I bought a 69 HOnda 350 Motosport from George back in 69 and have thourouly enjoyed him thru out the years!! He KNOWS Yamaha better then Yamaha does!! Just not real personalble type but HEY, not everyone can be a Woodsy :rotfl:
I remember one time a fews years ago I walked in, flopped some venison jerky on the pick nic table in the back room and sat there yappin with those yahoos about business.. George was sitting there munching a some jerky and it suddenly dawned on me white his hair had gotten over the years.. I bluntly stated what I thought (I have a real problem with that - its a flaw in my charector that has caused me plenty of grief).. After I said "WOW George - your hair is REALLY getting white" and everyone laughed... George - in his usually cocky hoarse voce smiled and said - ya know Scott, at least I can die mine :rotfl:
Yea, he IS a rascal!!!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ya know Micky shocked the hell out of me some time back. I was in there for some bike part. I walk up to the counter expecting the usual "Yep" and out of the blue Micky starts talking up a streak. He was talking about the weekends races and this and that and and and and... I just stood there speechless pointing to the microfish mumbling...."Parts please". That is the only time I have ever seen him go off on a talking spree.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well the Fed Ex man payed me a visit today. Diggers ride has a little more bling on it now.

FMF exhaust
IMS folding tip shifter
Twin Air Filter

Looks and sounds sweet. Opening up the exhaust and airfilter seems to make a diff. Feels like it has more bark now.

You wouldn't believe how restrictive that stock air filter cage is. There is a tripple layer fine wire mesh inside the filter element. That is gone now. Ripped all that out. Wraped it with the new Twin Air filter and its good to go. Still may work on opening up the airbox a little more. That stock snorkle seems a little too restrictive. Just needs a little jetting work and its good to go :)

Attachments

• P3210108.jpg
    P3210108.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 295
  • P3210109.jpg
    P3210109.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 273

dparker

Aug 31, 2004
YZMAN
I wish I had a Dad like you when I was a boy. I got a bike for me and my son at the same time and we have been riding together ever since. It was the best money I ever spent!!!!! Digger is a very lucky boy :nod:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dang my XR100 never had "bling"

Sweet ride Digger!! Will you guys be racing again at Big Air this year?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
MXGirl230 said:
Dang my XR100 never had "bling"

Sweet ride Digger!! Will you guys be racing again at Big Air this year?

We will be racing on and off. I dont think we are going for the year end points this year. We have a healh care issue this year. Health insurance carrier dont cover racing incidents. So we lie basicaly. Still not a good position to be in.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Ugh...that sucks. Well maybe we'll catch you guys on the trails one of these days.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Allready took care of it. Cut big hole in the top of the box. Works much better. Thanks anyways.

I used those on the TTR90.

Top Bottom