New and wanted to know more about Honda XR100

WClark30

Sep 15, 2018
So I am a 5'5 Female 160 lbs. I have a short leg inseam (can't remember exactly the measurements) and wanted a low seat height trail riding bike. I have tried bigger bikes that were recommended but if I can't put my feet flat or almost flat to the ground, I don't do well. I don't care about going super fast, but fast enough to go on some roads to get to trails nearby. Most trails are dirt roads but some are rocky and some have a little bit of climbing (nothing huge).

Would a Honda XR100 be a good beginner bike (or one to get me back into trail riding)?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What's your budget? I'd suggest a used Yamaha TTR-125 over the XR-100. Although a good enough bike, the TTR is a LOT newer design and all around better bike of pretty much the same size.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
So I am a 5'5 Female 160 lbs. I have a short leg inseam (can't remember exactly the measurements) and wanted a low seat height trail riding bike. I have tried bigger bikes that were recommended but if I can't put my feet flat or almost flat to the ground, I don't do well. I don't care about going super fast, but fast enough to go on some roads to get to trails nearby. Most trails are dirt roads but some are rocky and some have a little bit of climbing (nothing huge).

Would a Honda XR100 be a good beginner bike (or one to get me back into trail riding)?

The CRF125F would also be an excellent choice : 2018 CRF125F Overview - Honda Powersports

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom