damon

Sep 29, 1999
aprilia new mx bike,bicilindric of 450 cc,i.e.,108 kg
it seem japanese are worried about this project,also the bike come with e.i. so it will be street legal easily.

damon

Sep 29, 1999
it seems they are having problem finding the good setting for the iniection and with the engine breaking.

Hick

Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by damon
it seems they are having problem finding the good setting for the iniection and with the engine breaking.

Good setting for the engine breaking?

Let's hope you mean "braking," because I can't think of any good setting for the engine breaking, other than "during the R&D process but not after."

I wonder how much it weighs?

cjKTM

Nov 28, 1999
He said - a good setting for the injection(fuel injection) AND a problem with the engine breaking(you know - breaking down, blowing up...). JEESH, is it that hard to understand.

B

biglou

Originally posted by cjKTM
He said - a good setting for the injection(fuel injection) AND a problem with the engine breaking(you know - breaking down, blowing up...). JEESH, is it that hard to understand.
No, what he said was, "having a problem finding a good setting for the injection AND WITH THE ENGINE BREAKING". Considering Damon is from Italy, and his mastery of the english language may not be the best (as if those of us from the states don't regularly incorrectly substitute "breaking" with "braking", and vice-versa, AND the fact that engine braking is an inherent trait of four-strokes, seems like Hick's question was a valid one... JEESH. :silly:

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
In a world where people struggle to keep a single cylinder 4st 450 running the v-twin scenario appears to be double trouble.
8 Ti valves at 75$ ea? (estimate)
Two rods?
8 holes to port and 8 valve jobs?
Italian reliability?
Sign me up, if it is AMA legal and makes good power.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Don't worry about it Damon. You can count on the fact that your grasp of English is much better than our grasp of Italian.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
Don't worry about it Damon. You can count on the fact that your grasp of English is much better than our grasp of Italian.

No Doubt! :scream:

Hick

Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

Good point. I was just trying some levity, I appreciate the effort to post in English and would never slam anybody's grammer save my own.

So, my bad for not realizing my intent could be mistaken, what with ESP being an increasingly lost art and all.

But I wonder if, being a twin, weight isn't the biggest hurdle they are facing.

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
Nice piece of fielding Hick!

If that Aprilia engine, which is rumoured to rev to 14,000 rpm, is in a similar state of tune to the current 250F engines (these are rated in the early forties at the crank by their manufacturers and run up to 13,500 to 14,000 rpm max) we'd have to be looking at something exceeding 70 hp at the crank, or around 60 at the rear wheel!

Where do I sign?

Top Bottom