Sourstraw

Apr 17, 2003
Hello everybody - I haven't posted here in awhile, but I've been a member for a few months now. Currently I've got an older bike - a yamaha RT 180 two-stroke (although it is a lower-end two-stroke... you don't have to keep the RPMs very high), but I am looking to buy a new bike for the spring. I've ridden an RM 125 before, and I liked it, but I am pretty short, and I found it extremely difficult to get off and on the bike, and picking it up and getting back on in the middle of a narrow trail if I fell would be pretty much ridiculous, unless I could somehow lower the bike by 2 inches. I can't afford the new CRF 250... I am thinking about getting a used bike. Any suggestions? I have thought about maybe a CR 85 expert, or a similar two stroke. I've looked into the CRF230, but I don't know if it will have enough power - and I do like riding a two-stroke. I also want a better suspension so I can work more on some jumping. My current bike is really bad on jumps... ;)

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx ya'll... :)

Stacy

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Moved to "What Bike..." Forum.

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
I have a real nice 2003 KX100 for sale if you are looking for a small 2 stroke. The suspension has been redone and and has new top/bottom end and lots of new parts. We are in eastern Ohio if you would like to try it out. The KX100 has a powervalve motor and doesn't have the hit of the CR80

Can e-mail at rjk8413@aol.com

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
If you like the 125s, get one and have the suspension reworked to lower it.

Or go the cheap route that I took. You can usually cut an inch just out of the seat foam. You can slide the forks up and get a different rear suspension link. I lowered my KX500 about 2 inches for less than $100.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
A TTR125 would be down sizing the power and I'm not sure if it would have and better suspension considering the TTR is a play bike but the RT hasn't been updated in years(I think they stopped making them recently). I second the 100. Its got some great low end for trails w/ the sproket mod or porting if thats what your looking for.

Top Bottom