ReturnotheR

Aug 19, 2007
Well, first off this is my first bike and I don't know how their suspension is suppose to feel like.
The bike is an 02 KX125, I got it from a bigger guy who had the suspension redone and has it adjusted for larger weight. I believe it needs to be adjusted softer but I do not know how soft it should be. Right now when I sit on it there is little sag in the back, and none in the front. When I ride it barely gives when I hit bumps. How should it be? Right now I am still learning, but I plan on doing mainly motocross.
Anybody know the factory settings?

Thanks,

Paul

ReturnotheR

Aug 19, 2007
Great link!

Could you tell me more less specifically how the suspension should feel?

How much does a well dialed in suspension sag? Or how stiff should it be? How should it be reacting to bumps?

At 150 lbs, how much should the suspension sag when I sit on the bike...

Thanks!

Paul

rbt76

Aug 11, 2007
I set my sag 100mm from middle of rear swing arm to bottom of rear fender (when sitting on bike). You can adjust accordingly from there when you ride.

Best thing to do is to take the bike to a shop or Tech and have them set the pre-load and sag for you if you are not firmilar with how to do it. They will need you there to sit on the bike so watch them set it and you should be able to do it from there on out.

Top Bottom