new bike or should i stay on my old 1???

mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
hi guys im 13 and 175cm tall about 50kg i live in austraila i have a yz 85 big wheel and i want to start to race but i dont no if i should start on the 85 and then move up or get a new bike and then start i was thinking of getting a yz125 or yz250f but i dont no if i should get a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. i have been on 2 strokes since i was 5 and have never ridin a big 4 stroke only a pit bike so any help would be great o and i want to stay on a yamaha so dont say get a kx,rm.cr or anything like that

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
first I would start racing the 85 beginner class (figuring you have not raced before) and see where you are before you consider another bike... motocross is a tuff world. work your way up. beginner, intermediate, and so on.. if you feel you need to step up after getting the feel for it then that's what you should do.. there's an old saying "friendship stops when the gate drops" just get your feet wet before you get over your head.

digifox

May 25, 2006
anthony96rm250 said:
yup at your age a 85cc would be great
oh come on let the kid have some fun!

Lol i cant remember the meanings of metric stuff so sorry. .

lol, But im going to say a YZ125 would be a bit big, but ALOT more fun then the mini you have.

Over 100cc is a whole different story in power compared to 80`s.
Just remember wear riding gear. . .

But i have to ask why do you want to stay Blue(go green and you'll NEVER go back.)

Top Bottom