dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Ok, I’m looking at buying a brand new leftover 04 wr250f. The dealer in Delaware (no sales tax) wants $5150 for it. I called around and it seems the average price for a new 05 is some ware around $6100 to $6200. The MSRP of these bikes are $5900. My questions are: Is the dealer giving me a fair price for the 04, and how much more can you expect the price of a new bike to be over the MSRP? I’m really in the dark here having never bought a brand new bike.

B

biglou

I think that is a fair enough price. No matter what, there will always be someone who got theirs cheaper (or so they say). I'm not one for "buyer's remorse". If I want something, I buy it at a fair price and forget about it. Those numbers look pretty good to me if your only option is to buy locally. You could probably scour the net and find something cheaper elsewhere, but you have to think about how much trouble is that worth to you?

If you want to look online, I'd suggest Abernathy's in TN as a starting point. Good luck. :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Abernathy's does not ship.

slodsm

Jul 20, 2004
Definately sounds like a fair price to me as well. 700 under retail is an enticing deal.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Yea, watch out for those shipping charges!
That can get expensive reeeaaal quick!
Nothin wrong -w- a new leftover though.
I got my '02 XR650r out the door last year for just a hair over $5000.
only diff between it an an '04 was the BNG's.

Top Bottom