New Bike?

Hey, I currently have a DRZ 125 2004 , Looking at moving up when im 14 and a half ish (im currently 13)
I was thinking a 2 stroke 125? O and also i want a bike that will last me a few years, not one that will last a year then i have to get a new bike :D

ok so heres the info:

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
Not sure on height, maybe 160cm? Weight about 55-60kg
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Quite aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Beach and MX
4) Do you have any riding experience?
yes
5) Do you think you will race ?
yeah
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
No im not but my dad can do some stuff... otherwise i can take it to a shop
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
2 banger
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Umm theres a couple but idk what they got.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
well im from NZ so I cant really tell in American dollars..
10) Do you live in California?
Nope
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Thanks for your help :)

I think that a 125 two stroke would be a good bike for you. Seeing as you ride beaches (probably wide open) and MX, I'd suggest no other bike. A 250 two stroke might be a bit much if you've never rode a smoker before, so a 125 would be perfect i think.

I think a 125 two stroke maybe a bit to tall for him at 5' 2" being I'm 5' 4" 150lb sure he room to grow but at all most 14 and only few more year to grow I don't think he going to grow more 2" or 3" more then he all ready is.
Madmanadam if you want spent time jump on and off bike when stop and start riding and you need a box just so can kick start the bike unless it has a kickstand I would go for the smaller 80/85cc two stroke which be lots more powerful then what you all ready have now.
Heck I have been riding my 1987 CR80R for 20 years and this year I up grade to CRF150R.

Last edited:
im not sure how tall i am eh, but im pretty sure i could start it fine, oh well ill have a test before i buy.

a 150r isnt a bad idea but you will out grow it.

a 125 is way too tall. im 5 8 and i fit on em perfect. my friend is 5 5 and has trouble starting full size bikes. the kick start is just a bit too high for him.

I am 5 5, by the time i get my new bike i reckon ill be about 5 7 :D

But we'll see, I want to grow into a bike not out of a bike, then I know I have a while to save for my next bike :)

yeah im 13 and 5'10 and i just got a cr125r its madd they have good power etc, and i stepped up to that from a pitboss so i think youll handle the power difference fine, although it may be to tall

I think that a 125 will be a little tall, but you shouldn't have a problem with leaning it over and getting a foot down when you stop. They are light so you can lean them easily.